“Bbq the rightway”

Firehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Firehouse BBQ and Blues is Richmond Indiana's oldest firehouse. Owned and operated by two Richmond Firefighters, it is Indiana's premier BBQ restaurant. We specialize in southern style smoked pork, chicken, and brisket, and serve it up in a comfortable, nostalgic atmosphere. Live Blues music can be enjoyed every Friday and Saturday night. We also specialize in catering. You can plan your event to take place in our banquet room, or we can cater your event at your location.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great food that was on our table in a short amount of time. You can tell a great amount of care was taken with the food preparation. This meal was everything I expected and more. Don't miss this experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Lovely décor in historic downtown Richmond, with wait staff that treat you just a step up from family, add live music on the weekends and you wouldn't even have to have good food....BUT they do! Great pulled meats, wonderful home-cooked sides and a selection of BBQ sauces for you to make it your own. Brisket melts in your mouth, the pork is an mouthful of bliss, and it doesn't get any better than there hotdog! Yes, I said it...try a dog, you won't be disappointed. Even if you didn't save room for dessert, the apple cobbler is a must have, don't be fooled by anything else....get the cobbler, you'll thank me for it!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

First off, I think the server was a real fireman but it was busy and I didn't want to interrupt his service. The sandwich I had was hot a flavorful and the beer was ice cold, so I can't complain. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth it, given the atmosphere and tasty food. I will return when I'm back in the Richmond area.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Maybe we went on a bad night but the meat did not resemble BBQ:
1. No bark on the pulled pork or brisket. I could only see the slightest smoke ring on the brisket & could not see a smoke ring on the pulled pork.
2. The ribs had a mushy texture. I suspect they boiled the ribs before cooking them. I could take a fork a shred the meat off the bone.
3. All 3 meats I tasted (brisket, ribs, pulled pork) tasted like they had only been smoked briefly, then braised. The meat didn't have any gelatin in it and had a strange mouthfeel to it.
Visited December 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stopped by for lunch while passing through. The décor was done well. A good fit for the place and really fun. The food was very good as well. I had pulled pork and cheesy potatoes. My pork was well cooked and the sauces were tasty. My husband had the brisket sandwich & he said that was just ok. My father in law loved the chili.