“Enjoyed it here”

Firehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Firehouse BBQ and Blues is Richmond Indiana's oldest firehouse. Owned and operated by two Richmond Firefighters, it is Indiana's premier BBQ restaurant. We specialize in southern style smoked pork, chicken, and brisket, and serve it up in a comfortable, nostalgic atmosphere. Live Blues music can be enjoyed every Friday and Saturday night. We also specialize in catering. You can plan your event to take place in our banquet room, or we can cater your event at your location.
Alton, Illinois
“Enjoyed it here”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stopped by for lunch while passing through. The décor was done well. A good fit for the place and really fun. The food was very good as well. I had pulled pork and cheesy potatoes. My pork was well cooked and the sauces were tasty. My husband had the brisket sandwich & he said that was just ok. My father in law loved the chili.

• Visited June 2014

Richmond, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getting their staff to wait on you........”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have ate here before and thought the food was wonderful.......my husband hadn't ate there yet so I decided to take him in on a Saturday.........They had been opened for about 30 minutes when we got there. We sat down and waited...........never saw anyone. We decided to move closer to where they go in and out of the kitchen.......and we waited, waited and still no one ever came over to the table...I thought for a second we were about to be waited on because the ladies who worked there looked at us and went back into the kitchen. We sat there thinking one of them would be back out but no one ever came back.... So, we left.........as we were leaving I heard someone yell......."hey you're losing some customers....." We waited for about 25-30 minutes.....my husband looked at the menu and couldn't wait to try it but since no one wanted to wait on us that day we left and haven't been back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Susan Q
Sidney, Ohio
“Wonderful - Very accommodating”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We took a large group there. The owner and staff were great. They really made our folks feel welcome and the food was terrific.

Visited June 2014
Grand Haven, Michigan
“wonderful eatery”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Food was great, waitperson was fun, a real fireman was also working that night and he was a hoot, (he could have been the owner, we weren't sure on that). The only downside was they don't have a lot of tables for the crowds it draws.

Visited April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Atmosphere! Great BBQ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Love the food. The BBQ is the big draw but don't miss the cheesy potato casserole. Often there is live music. Fun to listen to a variety of live local music while you eat. (Maybe not conducive to a quiet romantic conversation).

• Visited March 2014