“very average stay”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
mid-Missouri
“very average stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed at Lees Inn in Richmond about 5 years ago and was very, very impressed with everything about it. So when another trip to RIchmond was planned, I felt very confident about choosing Lees Inn again. HOWEVER ... we arrived and I was very disappointed to find out that they had changed locations and that the quality had also decreased with the move. It appeared that the building they had before was taken over by a different hotel chain and that in turn, this Lees Inn moved to another building (not a NEW building, though). The hotel lobby was acceptable, but upon entering our room we saw dated decor, peeling wallpaper, and spill-stained furniture. Even though I was disappointed with the quality level based on what I THOUGHT I'd be getting, overall the facility and room felt clean, so we stayed. Then we found that WIFI was out of service, so had to drive down to Starbucks at 9:30 pm to do some work online ... which was verrrrry frustrating. After a decent night's sleep, things looked a bit better in the morning light and the generous complimentary breakfast buffet was nice. However, the buffet had the same menu three days in a row, so that got tiresome. The staff seemed nice enough, but upon check-out no one asked "How was your stay?" which would have provided me the opportunity to tell them about these issues. Since they didn't ask, I didn't say anything ... so instead I am posting it here to let people know that you kind of get what you pay for at this hotel. You'd probably be much more satisfied paying quite a bit more for a place like Hampton Inn, which I wish we had done.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SH-from-JCMO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Linn Creek, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2011

There aren't too many hotel choices in Richmond, IN, and this is an average hotel. The furniture in our room was old and damaged, the TV was old, the rooms dim, and the decor dated. However, the beds are comfortable, and the hotel is clean and located right off the Interstate and close to tons of restaurants and shopping. Old Richmond was about a 6 minute drive. A breakfast buffet was included in the price of the room and consisted of biscuits and gravy, cereals, fruit, bagels, muffins, English muffins, cold hard-boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Much better than a continental breakfast and you could eat as much as you want. The indoor pool is quite small and ordinary. While the girl at the front desk was pleasant, she wasn't very helpful. We came to Richmond to visit family and when we return, we will try a different hotel or perhaps a B&B in Old Richmond.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My family stayed at the Lees Inn Richmond,IN and the staff was great and hotel was clean. Pool was cold but the hot tub was great. we give the hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The friendly manager bend over backwards to locate all family members on the first floor. With some elders and those with back issues, this was greatly appreciated. Enjoyed the tasty breakfast. Some rooms are being redecorated this spring. Easy to find coming from the Dayton airport. Close to a choice of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My husband and I were traveling to Chicago and Richmond, IN was half way. We found the front desk person, Sarah, to be over the top with customer service. She was very friendly and accommodating to our special needs. The room was dated but clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and the housekeeping staff friendly. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
pa
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I was very pleased with Lees Inn and Suites. Front desk receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent . Eggs sausage pancakes etc. Rooms were nice size bathroom was a little small but clean. Would stay there again on my next trip that way.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
Reviewed April 26, 2007

When the Hampton Inn across the street had made a mistake with our reservation, I was sent over to the Lee's Inn in the middle of the night. My mundane details of how the Lee’s Inn also made a huge customer relations faux pas are not important. What I can say is they have no regard for customers or potential repeat business, but why should I go into the details when clearly the others on this site have so aptly done all the work for me. See what was stated below, “there's no help from the staff”, “acting more like a warden at a prison than someone who understands the tenants of customer service and how to treat guests”, and “unpleasant encounter with a less-than-customer-friendly manager”. The actual cleanliness and upkeep is as everyone has described, there’s no overstatement of these conditions. I agree with the other who wrote “Lees Inn has some work to do”. Even though the Hampton Inn across the street mishandled my reservation the night of my arrival, they were extremely over the top with making up for all that happened and I was able to escape from the Lee’s Inn. Hampton Inn & Suites went out of their way to make my initial poor experience with them a guarantee that for all my trips and those of all my colleagues will be to the Hampton Inn & Suites. The idea of customer service or leaving the customer with a good feeling is a foreign idea to the Lee’s Inn.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank asigosailing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Comfort Inn
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville

Been to Motel 6 Richmond? Share your experiences!