“Dining at Old Richmond Inn”

The Olde Richmond Inn
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant offers a very nice dining experience. I habe eatgen lunch and dinners and the food is always consistenly good. GThey oofer a very good black bean soup, and the pasta is always good. Thewre is abar area, not alot of wines, but good., It is upscale, but in a small community way. This is worth a visit to Richmond., The prices are moderate also.

2  Thank Jacqueline J

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice atmosphere, private party rooms if needed, always good food and service. I like the fruit plate for lunch, and all the entrees for dinner are great! Yummy bread sticks too!

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

The wine list is limited to major brands. The spinach salad I had was tasty. The filet mignon was just okay. I'd heard this was the place on town for steaks. It was tender but the flavor was like I said - okay.

1  Thank Roissen
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We try to find local restaurants when traveling and this one was worth the few miles drive into Richmond. Set in a Victorian decor, we enjoyed the fireplace, stained glass and real tablecloths.

Food selections abound. We opted for soup/salad and soup/Reuben combos. All outstanding. Best Reuben I've had. The black bean soup had fresh herbs that really enhanced the flavor.

Service was fast and friendly. Try this spot.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is the only "fancy" restaurant in Richmond and it therefore thinks it is upscale with its prices and food. The food in reality is not better than the chains.
It is in an interesting setting of a historic house in the "Old Richmond" neighborhood.
It is locally owned but the menu is to large and that means you do many things mediocre and nothing well. They should cut back on the menu items, improve quality and service.
I do not mind paying for upscale dining but I do object to mediocre dining at upscale (for small town Richmond) prices. Most of the locals I know who rave about this place do not venture out of Richmond (a town of 35000).
If you do go here stick to the specials or you will be disappointed.
I go here only when local friends wish too.
While the restaurant is adequate I just would not go out of my way to dine here.
I would much rather travel to Indianapolis to dinner if I am looking for fine dining.

1  Thank Henry D