“Great place in Richmond”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
The Westside Guest House
Ranked #2 of 4 Richmond B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
The Plains, OH
“Great place in Richmond”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in the Hide-away one bedroom apartment for 10 weeks while on a clinical rotation at Reid Hospital. The house has a great location in a residential area with a park right across the street. The bed was super comfy and the apartment felt like home. Cheryl and Mickey were easy to get ahold of if you needed anything. The patio was my favorite place to sit outside, read, and enjoy the summer weather. This is a great place for a long or short term stay. If I ever need a place to stay in Richmond I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bwarga
WestsideGuestHouse, Owner at The Westside Guest House, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
It was so great having you with us for those 10 weeks! One of the best things about having the guest house is that we get to meet so many wonderful people (like you!), and since we live next door, we feel very blessed when our extended-stay guests come to feel like really wonderful neighbors, as you did. We also love seeing our guests enjoy the porch and patio. Thanks so much for staying with us, and I hope we get a chance to welcome you back one day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the Westside Guest House for the month of June 2012 as I was starting a new job in Richmond but had not yet found a home. it was a wonderful experience! The units are pet friendly and it is directly across from a quiet park, which was great for taking the dogs for walks. The unit itself was very spacious and comfortable. The rooms are stocked with cereals, coffees, candies, and even a pizza for your first night! They provide access to dishes, pots and pans, linens...everything you need for an extended stay. The king bed was extremely comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. I highly recommend it as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Apt. # 3, the one bedroom with the kitchen open to the living room (several pictures of this unit) w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Arizona
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was impressed by the manager/owner's communication and helpfulness. I am hoping my daughter decides to go to Earlham next year so that I can make this another home away from home when I visit! :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We spent two nights at The Westside Guest House and loved it all. The location, the creature comforts, and the feeling of home with the added perks of being in a setting away from home in a nice, clean, simply and well appointed space. We had our kids and parents there, it was one of the best experiences away from home. As we drove up the kids shrieked with glee to see the park across the street. Check-in was flexible, we called and were able to change our time as we arrived about an hour early, were welcomed warmly, settled in easily. The kids loved the food, the beds, we loved having the pack and play, the linens were wonderfully comfortable and the space was clean, well maintained and very pleasant.

The house itself had everything we could want and more, but managed to do so without feeling cluttered and it was amazing the extent to which every detail had been considered. From the obvious like clean towels and extra blankets to perks like wifi and to the incredibly considerate like special snacks for the kids, and in the bathroom a range of toiletries had you forgotten something, even to the point of a new toothbrush. With laundry, DVDs, tv, Internet, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, a well stocked pantry and food in the fridge this beat any other places we have stayed. The experience was great and the value fantastic. I would recommend this anyone, and especially anyone with kids. The only thing that you will be left wanting is more time to enjoy The Westside Guest House.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ariel M
Boston
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We just returned from a visit to Earlham College and were lucky enough to have found this wonderful guest house. Cheryl met us on arrival and showed us around our apartment. She has three different size accommodations in her house. We stayed in the largest which includes a living room (with TV, DVD & selection of videos, Wi-Fi), kitchen with large table (seats for at least 8) and because there were only two of us, our choice of one of three bedrooms upstairs in which to stay. Cheryl stocks the kitchen with basic cooking supplies (oil, seasonings, foils, wraps, etc.) as well as breakfast foods (cereal, oatmeal, bananas, juice, tea, coffee, milk), pizza for snacking, ice cream and other snack food! All of this is included in the very reasonable room rates. The house was clean, quiet, in a nice neighborhood only a few blocks from Earlham and across from a playground and school. It is truly the perfect place to stay if you want flexibility, more space than a B&B or hotel room, the option of cooking without having to buy all the basic supplies, a home away from home. There is even a washer and dryer to use. Cheryl was also lovely and extraordinarily helpful. If our daughter goes to Earlham, we will most certainly make reservations to cover the next four years.

Room Tip: You might feel the beds first, we choose the room with the two singles and one of the singles had a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hpin
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were really happy to find the Guest House. Our daughter goes to college at Earlham and this is very convenient . She was happy to come to our apartment for a family breakfast. I am glad we found this while she is still a freshman!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda277
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Went to the 2012 Super Bowl and stayed at the Westside Guest House. It was about an hour directly east of Indianapolis. This is not really a hotel but a wonderful 3 bedroom house on a very quite street. I cannot really comment on the location because we only stayed two nights and spent most of the time in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl. What I can say it is a wonderful place to stay for a family or two or three couples or families.

The house was very clean, the bedrooms very comfortable and each bedroom had a desk if you need it. The master had a side sitting area, another bedroom had a couch. The third bedroom had 2 twin beds. The kitchen was well stocked and equipped with all the appliances pots pans and dishes you may need if you want to cook. They supplied coffee with a Keurig machine and the pods and other food staples like milk, butter, cereal and so on. It had a washer & dryer, dishwasher, a flat screen TV, a DVD player and free wireless internet.

I'm not a big world traveler but I have been to many places and I can say this I never felt more at home than I did at the Westside Guest House and that includes a two night stay in Pebble Beach. Thinking of going to The Indianapolis 500 some day, if I do I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Enrico M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#8 of 10 in Richmond

Been to The Westside Guest House? Share your experiences!