“lemon tree pune”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hinjewadi
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was not happy with the service, costs and food and approach. there are too many hidden charges and grey areas. pool is not usable as there is no changing area.i will not use this again. unless you want to to do work in it park and have no option do not use

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Hotel pricing: we are an upscale hotel in line with international 3 to 4 star hotels. We have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for food and for rooms. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.
•Taxes: Re your feedback on taxes, the government levies different kinds of taxes, both at the central and state levels, on hotel expenditure. These taxes are levied by the government directly. While, service charge is levied by the hotel company and the purpose is to share it as a tip with the hotel staff, who work towards ensuring guests have a refreshing and memorable stay at Lemon Tree.
•Hidden charges: we at Lemon Tree believe in providing our guests with a lot of transparency and clarity of information. We are sorry you did not feel so. Like in all other hotels, our services like airport transfers, request for a bed for additional person, early check-ins, late check-outs etc are nominally charged and our website validates the same.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.hp@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Ranjan Basu

There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune

Reviewed May 19, 2013

All hotel service were fast, efficient and polite.
The room was nice but at top floor there was some noise from equipment during quiet nights. I think this could be addressed to my room only.
Location as excellent for my Business visits.
In total the service was outstanding but the room was average.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed several times, biggest plus point near to my office. Food has improved sustainably, specially South Indian dishes and other food. Spread is good and has a good variety, taste has improved. I must thank chef Kalyani and from café Pulok and Sharad always takes care of me. I must mentioned the guy at FO - Aditya - excellent, all of them always smiling and customer focussed.

Lobby is excellent always fresh, the only thing I feel the hotel operates with very thin staff.

The staff are very customer oriented and customer focused though it has a very thin staffing ratio.

You could find the Senior Managers plays a significant role leading the team from the front either standing at FO, cafe (helping the team) or dropping to office.

Thank you Lemon Tree great hospitality and coming back very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Well to start with, I'm into frequent business travels and have a flavor of almost all 4 & 5 stars across country. (not been to NE though)

I could have thought of this being high hopes, but the entire three day trip was a sheer disappointment.

Check in: two hours prior to check in, I informed the front desk about arrival. but the 'two minutes Sir' lasted for 20 minutes at least. PS: in transit, courteously no water served, i had to get my own bottle of water.

Floor: I'm a not smoker, and somehow idk if it was a smoking floor that i got, generally all the floors stink. rooms were ok though if I talk of odour.

Rooms had comfort sleeping on queen's bed, but go prepared for a bath like a beggar.

LED: luckily had a usb port to play from your own choice of songs or movies, because channels they feature, all of them dont show up. plus the DVD's they offer are usually not available. can think of having spare copies of the high-demand ones

Dinner - don't expect much about variety. limited choices. was not served hot sheer disappointment.

PLUS they make blunders like non vegetarian food marked as veg. and the same happened with me. now there is nothing if the GM calls you for apology. once its lost, its lost.

Breakfast - and what happens again is, this guy comes, clears your plate and put an omelet in front of you when you're expecting a poori.
I mean this can hurt a vegetarian, esp if it happens twice in two days.

checkout - you are asked to pay for, chicken you ate being a vegetarian.

To summarize, may be i landed up with wrong expectations. people are welcome to use their judgement.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Response:

Dear Guest,

•Check-in and service at the Front Desk: we are sorry your room was not ready on arrival. The hotel was fully booked that day and rooms were being cleaned and turned around as fast as possible. As you arrived prior to our standard check in time of 2 pm, it took us some time to get your room ready for you. Also, our staff should have paid more attention to detail and should have captured your preference for a non-smoking room. We have re-briefed our team to engage with all our customers in a friendly and caring manner which is what Lemon Tree stands for.
•Size of bathrooms: we have designed and built our bathrooms in the most efficient layout, in line with international 3 to 4 star hotels. Most hotels build rooms and bathrooms with unutilized spaces and hence have higher room prices to get a better return on their wasteful investment. As a mid-scale chain, our philosophy is to deliver highly affordable prices and we pass on the savings in the cost of building our hotels, through very competitive room pricing.
•Availability of TV channels: the range of TV channels offered by us is based on our periodic review of customer preferences. Commercial rates for TV channels in hotel rooms are many times higher than those applied for residences/homes and in keeping with our value-for-money philosophy; we try to offer only those channels that are preferred by most of our guests. Regarding the availability of DVDs, we will plan for additional copies of high demand movies. Thank you for the suggestion.
•Food service: please accept our complete apology in labeling one non-vegetarian dish incorrectly as a vegetarian one and for serving you an omelette at breakfast. We have re-briefed the restaurant team that they must follow the standard operating procedure exactly and that there is no room for such errors. We assure you of a pleasant experience when you visit us next.

Ranjan Das

Reviewed May 14, 2013

1. Room Service takes lots of time against the request.

2. The entire room been folded due to pipe leakage in the room i stayed on 10 & 11 May 2013

3. no proper basic material kept in lavatories.

4. Need to call Reception again and again for Hot Water in bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Response:

Dear Guest,

•Water leakage: during your stay there was a leakage in the pipeline in your bathroom. Once you pointed out the problem to us, it was repaired at the earliest and required breaking of the wall. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to this unforeseen incident and for being relocated to another room.
•Hot water: like all other upscale hotels we too provide continuous hot water in our rooms. We checked the boiler system at that time and did not find any fault with it. We are sorry you were inconvenienced during your stay.
•Bathroom amenities: in line with our positioning of an upscale hotel, we offer all essential amenities that a guest would typically require while travelling, like other hotels in our segment.

Ranjan Das

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall good. The reception staff can be more customer oriented and having a smile on their face would be an added creme on the cake. Perhaps we should have discounts in Pune to like the Delhi branch.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to Pune. It is located close to the Pune bypass on the Mumbai-Bangalore highway right in the middle of the Hinjewadi IT Park. The staff was courteous and helpful. Check-in and check-out was hassle-free. The rooms are excellent with 24x7 room service available on call. Our room package included complimentary breakfast and a main meal, but we were quite disappointed by the meal quality. We would have paid for the meals had we known that "complimentary" translates to "limited choice" and just acceptable quality of food.
A good thing with the hotel is that it is close to eating places like Little Italy, Subway and Dominoes so you can decide to eat out if you want to. This is a good business hotel but couples staying would be happy too. Not recommended for families.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinjewadi
Courtyard by Marriott Pune Hinjewadi
#25 of 220 in Pune
Fortune Inn Exotica
Fortune Inn Exotica
#7 of 16 in Hinjewadi

Been to Lemon Tree Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune? Share your experiences!