“Nice value hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rensselaer
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past couple years. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, beds are comfortable and the breakfast is what you would expect. It is a convenient stop right off the highway with a few restaurants near the property and more in town. The water pressure in the shower was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was verbally acosted by a rude, abrasive representative who called me a "b***h" when I refused to "hurry to my room" after leaving a family event. This woman forced her way into my room, yelling and calling me "mouth" while ignoring the fact that I was TRYING to go to bed! I would never, ever go to this nightmare location with the worst staff I've ever encountered with 10 years of work and leisure based travel. Stay ANYWHERE else!

• Stayed: November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Splitsoff,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcoming you may have experienced. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we uphold in our hotels. Therefore, I will be contacting you privately and would be grateful to obtain further details about your experience so that we can take appropriate corrective measures.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We just decided to go to the Purdue football game a bit last minute and the hotels closest to the University were all booked. Typically, a Holiday Inn Express is a good bet. This one is in much need of repair. It was old and outdated. The "mini fridge and microwave" in the room looked as if I took them out of a college dorm and stacked them on top of each other. They weren't even in a piece of furniture! The linens were thread bare... both towels and sheets. The fact that it was clean made it tolerable, but it was so, so, SO in need of a complete overhaul. The front desk staff were very kind, but it didn't make up for the condition of the facility. Spend the money on a complete renovation, Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear osunut,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were on the road and tired, and thought we might stop in Merrillville, until we saw what they were charging for rooms there. Thanks to the internet, we were able to find this property and booked ahead.

We were greeted warmly by the desk clerk, and learned that we had just lucked into the last room available. Within minutes of arrival we were in our very nicely-appointed room and able to get to sleep. Quiet, comfortable and just what we needed.

Breakfast buffet the next morning was well-supplied and offered a nice variety, as I've come to expect from Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silentsgirl
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel because all hotels in downtown Albany were booked. Sent to this one and what a great surprise. Fairly new and very very clean and well run. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. A great sports bar right next door. We had a fabulous view of downtown Albany. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I needed a place to stay as I was here on business. Not much to choose from in the area but this hotel is very nice and very comfortable. You can see the hotel from the highway. Signage is lacking as far as indicating the street to take to get to the hotel. Thank goodness i read the TA reviews prior to booking my room so i was able to figure it out. The McDonalds is being rebuilt but there is an Arbys and a DQ if you want fast food. I assume that this exit is getting to be a popular stop.

The hotel is very nice and comfortable. The staff is very attentive too. My room overlooked the pool. It looked very inviting but since the temperature outside was very hot...i did not venture out. My view was of the highway and the prairie. Nice! Y
The prairie that is. At least not the parking lot. A fridge and microwave was included in the room. Breakfast was fine. I enjoyed my stay and if I need to stay here again, I will stay here.

Oh, did I mention the freshly baked cookies at 3:00 pm?? Yum!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My daughter and I found this little gem during a storm while driving through Indiana. Very nice, clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable, quiet nights rest. Would stay here again and would recommend to others. Full range of breakfast items available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LCMey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Hebron
Interstate Motel - Rensselaer
Super 8 Hebron Lowell Area
Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer? Share your experiences!