“Good food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

People were friendly. The food was good........Place was very clean. I enjoyed it and will go back again when I'm around

Remington, Indiana
“JUST TOPS FOR THIS KIND OF FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This restaurant has recently changed ownership, not sure when, but it is absolutely the best for fresh, well prepared food, all made in house. The brisket is as good as any we have ever found, including Texas and California, and their 2 meat combo is just right for an older couple to share.
We found their bourbon apples almost too good for common people, and asked for how they are made.
Would highly recommend anyone visiting here to give them a try, you will not be disappointed.
Don't miss their homemade potato chips, which are unbeatable.

• Visited March 2014
Kendallville, Indiana
“Great BBQ. Stop here to eat”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I ordered their 2 meat combo which came with 2 meats and 2 sides and I added a drink and the total was $14. What I got was enough for 2 meals. For my 2 meats I chose the ribs and the beef brisket and for sides I got the homemade chips and bacon mac n' cheese. They also give you the option of white bread or corn bread. I opted for the cornbread.

The ribs were some of the best ribs I've eaten before. It takes a lot for me to say good BBQ but these ribs had just the right amount of smoke, just the right amount of chew, fell off the bone easily, and were dry. The meal came with 4 bones of these and they each had plenty of meat on them.

The brisket was sliced as any brisket should be. Not shredded like some folks do. The brisket was not quite as good as the ribs but they did had just the right amount of smokiness to them and it was quite juicy as well.

The homemade chips were good but I think almost any homemade chip is good and hard to mess up.

The mac n' cheese was the one downfall for this meal. I thought bacon and mac n' cheese what could go wrong here? But something did. The flavor was not tasty and I would go with a different side next time.

The cornbread was a sweet cornbread and most people will say that's not cornbread but I like sweet and it was quite tasty.

The one downside is parking is a little limited as it is in the downtown area. I went in around 2:00 so I didn't have any issues but I could see if you went at lunch or dinner time you may have trouble finding a parking spot.

If you're in this area make sure to stop by and get some food here, or make a special trip to get some food here you won't regret it.

Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worth It”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The short version - the BEST beef brisket I've had outside of Texas. Fantastic addition to this small town.

Took Bub's in for lunch today. Around here, pork is king. But, chose to go with beef brisket as that is, to me, a barometer for the pit master. I ordered the sandwich, house chips, and fountain soda for a total of $10.17.

The service was fast. The sandwich is served as two on small, square yeast buns like White Castle, but bigger (I think). These had 4-5 strips of juicy beef that slightly hung over the sides. I wasn't overwhelmed with the portion, but also wasn't disappointed.

I sampled the meat without sauce - smoky, MOIST, and tender. I travel often to Dallas. One of my favorite joints is Hard 8 BBQ near DFW. They serve a great brisket - hundreds of pounds a day. Bub's brisket is better on all counts.

The house chips came in a paper bag - big portion. Crispy and salty. Just good chips.

I'll be back. Very anxious to try the hot links (and compare those to Hard 8) and the pulled pork. If this visit is any indication of the rest of the menu, Bub knows barbecue.

• Visited November 2013
Remington, Indiana, United States
“Good and tasty”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Mid afternoon snack time for two and enjoyed every bite. Tried their pulled pork and chicken
the meat wasn't either over or under smoked, perfectly tender and tasty. If you are downtown and want to enjoy a snack, try this place and enjoy the value and the atmosphere.

PS: Their signature sauces are great!

• Visited September 2013