“farmer”

The Homestead
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Remington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Homestead is a family-owned business in downtown Remington. Step inside, and you will experience the warmth of old-fashioned hospitality! Enjoy a fresh baked scone or cinnamon roll for breakfast, hot soup, salads, Panini grilled sandwiches for lunch, and our fresh off-the-smoker meats! Relax and visit with a friend over complimentary coffee, browse the gift shop quaint bulk foods! We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed July 7, 2012

A wonderful place to stop for a light lunch, sure beats the fast food chain stores. Environment is very friendly & CLEAN! Wonderful dining experience. I would recommend the setting to anyone. I stop every chance I get.

3  Thank Ron I

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm a bit biased being local, but this is a great family place to eat if you are looking for a light lunch. Sandwiches and soup are the options but they also have fudge, bread, and lots of other items in their country store.

Current hours are T-Th: 9am - 4pm, Fr 9am - 6pm, Sat 9am-2pm, Closed Sun & Mon

Their web page can be found here http://homesteadbuttery.com/

3  Thank ilovereality
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A great place to go! The food is great, everyone is so friendly. They treat you like family. I love to look through the country store items. They have the cutest children toys!

3  Thank LikeToTravelHoosier
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a family owned addition to our home town, just about a mile from the intersection of I-65 and Ind. 24 on exit 201. Absolutely delicious home coooking and interesting ambiance. We go there often, and hope travelers would take the time to go into Remington, look for their sign, and enjoy a real treat.

3  Thank Countryman36
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have been to the Homestead several times when visiting family. Now I call ahead and place my order when I know I'm going to be in the area. They make whatever is requested and have it ready for pick up the day I arrive. The lunch menu is not large, just sandwiches and soups, but the catered meals can vary upon your request. There is a small store that sells bulk foods and gifts. The quality of the food is excellent. They use only the best ingredients which is clearly evident in the taste. My favorite is the homemade pecan cinnamon rolls, but my daughters would argue the fudge and pies are better. Other family members have had the soup and sandwiches for lunch along with some of the catered meals. We have never had anything that wasn't delicious. The owners and staff and very friendly and accommodating. It's less than 2.5 miles off of I-65 and definitely worth the short drive for lunch or a snack.

5  Thank dkkmclark