“A little restaurant a mile from I-65 worth a visit”
Review of The Homestead

The Homestead
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Remington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Homestead is a family-owned business in downtown Remington. Step inside, and you will experience the warmth of old-fashioned hospitality! Enjoy a fresh baked scone or cinnamon roll for breakfast, hot soup, salads, Panini grilled sandwiches for lunch, and our fresh off-the-smoker meats! Relax and visit with a friend over complimentary coffee, browse the gift shop quaint bulk foods! We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a family owned addition to our home town, just about a mile from the intersection of I-65 and Ind. 24 on exit 201. Absolutely delicious home coooking and interesting ambiance. We go there often, and hope travelers would take the time to go into Remington, look for their sign, and enjoy a real treat.

3  Thank Countryman36

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have been to the Homestead several times when visiting family. Now I call ahead and place my order when I know I'm going to be in the area. They make whatever is requested and have it ready for pick up the day I arrive. The lunch menu is not large, just sandwiches and soups, but the catered meals can vary upon your request. There is a small store that sells bulk foods and gifts. The quality of the food is excellent. They use only the best ingredients which is clearly evident in the taste. My favorite is the homemade pecan cinnamon rolls, but my daughters would argue the fudge and pies are better. Other family members have had the soup and sandwiches for lunch along with some of the catered meals. We have never had anything that wasn't delicious. The owners and staff and very friendly and accommodating. It's less than 2.5 miles off of I-65 and definitely worth the short drive for lunch or a snack.

5  Thank dkkmclark