“Nice find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We travel to this area several times a year for business and this was our first visit -- but it will not be our last! Food was fresh and flavorful and the service was excellent. We will definitely will be back.

1  Thank dixiebee
There are newer reviews for The Farmer's Daughter

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were in town for an anniversary stay. When we don't have the kids the wife and I love to try independent, local places. This one did not disappoint! We live in a great good town (Bloomington, IN) and felt like this place would have fit in great at home. We loved the decor, kind of chic country, and sat at a table with a view of the courthouse and the downtown square. The waitress was polite, courteous, and very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. I had the Creole meatloaf special and my wife had the Caesar salad I think it was. I ordered the house made fries and the Indian spiced sweet potato soup. They all had great taste and were delicious. The wife said the salad was also really good. We love the idea of locally sourced food and it shows in the quality of the food. Based on the menu you can tell they put some time and thought into what they can get and how to put a twist on the typical menu. This idea even filters down to the dessert menu. We had a plum fruit crisp with homemade creme topping. It was amazing. The waitress told us that the previous weeks version would have included peaches with the plums. Rats, missed it by a week!! We had heard from locals that the prices were a bit high but we felt they were priced right for the quality of the food. Service was great. It may have seemed a little slow to some but for us it was just right as opposed to some places where you feel like you're being pressured to wolf down your food and leave so they can fill the seat again. Overall we had a great experience and can't wait to visit nearby friends and relatives so we can eat here again!!

1  Thank NativeHoosier67
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were not impressed. Spinach salad was mostly spinach. We were told the hummus was made in house but I have my doubts. Where in the world do you go order a hamburger & pay extra for pickle? The Peanut Butter Slider came straight from refrigeration hard as a rock & the chocolate filling was bland. Needless to say one bite was taken from the dessert. We were surprised the server did not question why only one small bite was taken. Is the dessert okay? Would you like something else? We felt the value for the quality of the food was way off target.

2  Thank CAPTIVASUNSET
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our food was fresh and tasty, using local products where possible. Meals were individually prepared, not served from a steam table. If you are into "organic," this is the place for you. And if you are interested even more in tasting good food like i am, this is really the place for you.

On the main square in Princeton, the building is quirkily decorated outside, and is comfortably rustic inside. It was fun to look around while waiting for our food to be freshly prepared.

My only complaint was that they were out of the chocolate cake I wanted...another table got the last piece! Should have eaten dessert first.

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever tried. All of the food is fresh and organic when possible. I had a Cajun meatloaf that was out of this world and unlike any I have ever had. Sarah, the owner, is creative as an artist and it translates into her cooking.

The decor is very rustic and reflects Sarah's art background. The restroom door is a sliding barn door.

1  Thank OldDocI