“Really bad night” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Princeton
Days Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Princeton
fairmont, wv
“Really bad night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We travel alot so hotel says are at least a weekly thing... I must say honestly that next time we will be willing to pay the extra money for Hampton Inn across the street. Most of our stays at Days Inn are very good... this was not a restful night for us..

I called ahead to make sure they had rooms available and was told only double fulls which was fine... I was asked how long til my arrival and my GPS said 45 minutes.. we arrived at the front desk and no one was there.. I called the hotel number and was told by the desk clerk she was in the bathroom "taking care of business" ( yes those were the choice of words...) and would be there when finished...
After about a 15 minute wait she arrives with the statement.. " I thought you were not coming.. you said 45 minutes... " looking at my watch we had been 40 minutes arriving to the location.. my point... did it matter really i prepaid for the room on my credit card so if i did not show.. hey they made money anyway..right?
We get assigned our room which is on the 4th floor and go to the room upon opening the door.. we can not find a light to work... finally my husband made it to the bath area and found one to come on... never did get the others to work. Our room had its own thermostat to control the room temp... however the air conditioner was so loud the TV volume had to be turned to 30 to even begin to hear it.. I was afraid the people in the next room would complain of the TV being loud until my husband reminded me that their a/c was probably just as loud! Thought I might try my computer instead to burn some time til the a/c kicked off and i could fall asleep.. wrong! Wireless Internet did not work there and our travel card for internet would not pick up in the building. The bedsheets looked very dingy and wore and the beds were very uncomfortable.. however there was a good thing out of this.. they did have Days INN brand pillows which I love..... checkout time was 11 am and after a very restless night of sleep due to noise and uncomfortable conditions.. we were ready to leave and at 11:01 am as we were heading toward the door for checkout the maid knocked and told us it was checkout time we were the last guest on the floor and could we please vacate asap so she could clean our room and go home! I had my suitcase in my hand while this conversation was going on and so did the hubby , there was no need for comments after the knock she could see we were leaving.. leave it at that! Also the hotel is built as if the rooms were outside but an addition was added for the lobby , pool and breakfast area in like a large sun room type style on to the front leaving it open I know this sounds confusing but basically when you open your room door your looking down into this room .. very acoustic.. we were awakened at 7 and 9 am to the sounds of kids eating the free breakfast one screaming because they didn't want to eat the cereal choices which echoed through the whole building and then children playing in the pool.. kids will be kids yes but the acoustic sound was not good for sleeping guests. I would not recommend a stay here to anyone.. cross the street and pay the extra money for a real hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
4 Thank hoopsandhubby

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)