“Very nice.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not many choices in the area, but his is a nice one. This looks like a new location. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. He breakfast bar is more than adequate to get you started in the morning. They even have a pancake machine!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Always nice to have a great review of our hotel! We are now 5 years old yet still hearing we look brand new. We have a terrific staff that keeps things well taken care of, first and foremost our guests! We look forward to having you back again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to attend a funeral which was held close to Portland. The hotel is very clean and tastefully decorated. Check in was fast and efficient. Plenty of free parking. Our room was very clean and had two queen sized beds. Very spacious bathroom. Did not notice any noise from other rooms or outside the hotel. The swimming pool is small, but adequate. The breakfast buffet was good and there was several choices of items. An attendant was on hand to restock the food and make sure you were happy with everything. There is an elevator so you don't have to climb steps. Very comfortable beds also. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Your kind words mean so much the staff and I! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you back again in the future .

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our first stay here, and were very pleased. Had a room with a king bed, was suprised that there was no microwave or fridge, but that was okay, very clean, comfertable beds, friendly staff. Breakfast was very good. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: if you need a microwave or fridge ask
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We strive to make each and every stay the best it can be for each guest and their families. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is room was standard king nothing special, clean, no issues. Breakfast selection is good. Staff was courteous. Workout room was good, 2 squeaky treadmills and a bike, a TV and clean workout towels and a water station. Walmart close by and various fast food places. If you have to stay in Portland, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and staff. We strive to do our best and hope it shows in how we care for our guests. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was perfect. The entire staff made sure we were taken care of. The Front desk folks (especially Lisa K., Shirley S, Corine and Kriste M.). The breakfast folks worked extra hard to keep items stocked and fresh. Even though our group was somewhat muddy they took the time to keep our mess cleaned up. Thanks Portland group it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: All the room were large and came with all the items you would need.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

It was great having the Marathon Group with us! It's not often that I can say WE were treated like family! It was a pleasure meeting all of you and truly appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My room was perfect. That seldom happens. To top it off, I forgot my toiletries. Before I finished my sentence, the front counter attendant Lisa Kuhn (sp?) was already collecting everything I'd need. This location sets the bar for other Holiday Inns.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and staff! We do our best to make each guest's stay the best it can be. I will be sure to let my team know they are doing just that!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel made my business trip pleasurable. I was solo, so having the Walmart & a few small town stores around town almost made me forget I was alone. The man who worked the front desk at check-in was super nice. Breakfast could of had a little bit more variety but overall was good and available before I had to get to my meetings. Bed was super comfy, having a king bed to myself was a dream. Only complaint I really have is there wasn't a hot tub. I drove 8 hours and was looking forward to relaxing in a hot tub. Once I got there & checked in, I went to my room dropped off my stuff, changed into my swim suit and headed to the pool, only to find just that, A POOL and nothing else. Free wifi and lots of cable television channels helped out too. Final bill was a great price for 4 nights. LOOK for the sign, hotel is located a little off the road. Restaurant located between hotel & road is an added bonus, great food & good prices.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for such a glowing review! Great to know we help others feel comfortable while staying with us. I will be certain to let the team know they are doing a great job! Although we do not offer a hot tub in the pool area, we do have suites that offer a whirlpool spa, so you may want to check that out next time you are in Portland. We are restricted on what items we can serve for breakfast, but offer the best breakfast bar hostess for miles around! We do hope to see you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Comfort Inn
No photo provided
Hoosier Inn
#1 of 2 in Portland
Clock Tower Inn Berne

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!