“Your best bet in Portland”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portland
Lima, Ohio
“Your best bet in Portland”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our first stay here, and were very pleased. Had a room with a king bed, was suprised that there was no microwave or fridge, but that was okay, very clean, comfertable beds, friendly staff. Breakfast was very good. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: if you need a microwave or fridge ask
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We strive to make each and every stay the best it can be for each guest and their families. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is room was standard king nothing special, clean, no issues. Breakfast selection is good. Staff was courteous. Workout room was good, 2 squeaky treadmills and a bike, a TV and clean workout towels and a water station. Walmart close by and various fast food places. If you have to stay in Portland, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and staff. We strive to do our best and hope it shows in how we care for our guests. Hope to see you back again soon!
Findlay, OH
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was perfect. The entire staff made sure we were taken care of. The Front desk folks (especially Lisa K., Shirley S, Corine and Kriste M.). The breakfast folks worked extra hard to keep items stocked and fresh. Even though our group was somewhat muddy they took the time to keep our mess cleaned up. Thanks Portland group it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: All the room were large and came with all the items you would need.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was great having the Marathon Group with us! It's not often that I can say WE were treated like family! It was a pleasure meeting all of you and truly appreciate your kind words.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My room was perfect. That seldom happens. To top it off, I forgot my toiletries. Before I finished my sentence, the front counter attendant Lisa Kuhn (sp?) was already collecting everything I'd need. This location sets the bar for other Holiday Inns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and staff! We do our best to make each guest's stay the best it can be. I will be sure to let my team know they are doing just that!
Arthur
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel made my business trip pleasurable. I was solo, so having the Walmart & a few small town stores around town almost made me forget I was alone. The man who worked the front desk at check-in was super nice. Breakfast could of had a little bit more variety but overall was good and available before I had to get to my meetings. Bed was super comfy, having a king bed to myself was a dream. Only complaint I really have is there wasn't a hot tub. I drove 8 hours and was looking forward to relaxing in a hot tub. Once I got there & checked in, I went to my room dropped off my stuff, changed into my swim suit and headed to the pool, only to find just that, A POOL and nothing else. Free wifi and lots of cable television channels helped out too. Final bill was a great price for 4 nights. LOOK for the sign, hotel is located a little off the road. Restaurant located between hotel & road is an added bonus, great food & good prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for such a glowing review! Great to know we help others feel comfortable while staying with us. I will be certain to let the team know they are doing a great job! Although we do not offer a hot tub in the pool area, we do have suites that offer a whirlpool spa, so you may want to check that out next time you are in Portland. We are restricted on what items we can serve for breakfast, but offer the best breakfast bar hostess for miles around! We do hope to see you back in the future.
Opelousas, Louisiana
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two weeks on business. I'm a fan of Holiday Inn and this place lives up to the standards of why we prefer this chain: comfortable, quiet, clean, well kept, etc. We reserved three rooms. There was a bit of "misunderstanding " when we checked in as to which type rooms were available when reservations were made. It worked out okay though. Something I don't understand : "no electrical appliances are allowed in the rooms" (no i cant have my own coffee maker), yet the room comes with one? Beds were not the usual pillow top, but comfortable enough to my old aching back anyway. All said...as grouchy and particular as i tend to be? ....really glad we stayed here. Thanks again HI... we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so kindly for your review. I am so happy we were able to meet all of your needs, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This is certainly the best hotel in town and for miles anyways. I come here several times a year for work at the Tyson plant. Got a platinum upgrade it was a great room. Breakfast area is large as well. Typical food, but good none the less. I don't ever hesitate staying here or recommending it on Trip Advisor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dcbone27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Comfort Inn
Portland Inn
#2 of 2 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Bluffton
Clock Tower Inn Berne

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!