Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland
Portland Inn(Portland)
$75
$75
$64
Americas Best Value Inn Celina(Celina)(Great Value!)
$67
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Ambassador Motel(Union City)
Priceline
All reviewsnice hotelfree breakfastgreat place to staywalmartmirrortub
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is certainly the best hotel in town and for miles anyways. I come here several times a year for work at the Tyson plant. Got a platinum upgrade it was a great room. Breakfast area is large as well. Typical food, but good none the less. I don't ever hesitate staying here or recommending it on Trip Advisor.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dcbone27
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Was here in February of 2012 and said it was just average.....had to recently return on business and was not really surprised to find nothing had changed much---still average! Except this time I took a chance on the cheese omelette and less than 2 hours later was wishing I had not!!!!! I think this is the only H.I. Express that does not have fridge/microwave in rooms.....but if you want to schlep to the lobby, you can use the microwave in the meeting room......good grief!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us again on your return trip. Being "average" isn't great, so if you'd like to call and make suggestions, I would be more than happy to discuss them with you. I am always looking for ways to improve our hotel and always welcome suggestions.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends July 20 and 21st. We were going to a concert at Bearcreek Farms which was only 10 minutes away. I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate of $90 a night since I had almost booked it online and it would have been at least $95. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, and the room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows! I thought the breakfast was very good. They had bacon and omelets on Saturday, and ham and scrambled eggs on Sunday. The muffins and cinnamon rolls were very fresh and tasty! Deanna,who was taking care of the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I'm so happy to hear you had a nice stay at our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experiences at our hotel. I will be certain to let the rest of the staff know how pleased you were.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Since when does a holiday inn charge more than the Marriott. Not that there's a Marriott nearby which is why we stay here. This cost us $125 a night! The rooms are clean, beds are ok but starting to wear. When we checked in our room wasn't ready but after we sat down the woman who told us that left and another woman proceded to check in 3 people. I asked the front desk if they had any aspirin and a rude desk clerk pointed at a hole in the wall where a "gift shop" was located and said "If we do it's in there" quite rudely. How about "We have some in our gift area, let me check" or "I am not sure. You can check our amenities area" Instead I got a rude response. I could not sleep due to the loud air conditioner going off and on and the walls were so thin I could here the guy next store snoring. I left something behind and the manager did return my call and was very courteous. In all fairness I did not complain about our experience as the whole weekend was a disaster and I was too stressed to deal with it. (Our air condiitioning in our car died about halfway into our 6 hour drive to the hotel and we were attending the races in 100 degree heat) Our keys stopped working the second night so I had to walk around in the rain to the front of the hotel to get in and have them rekeyed. The young man was nice enough and the pregnant desk clerk was also nice who checked us out. It just was disappointing to pay so much money knowing others got their room much cheaper (we waited till the last minute to book), we were told the hotel was full but it was clear it was not) and when I booked I was told it was the last room and there was a wedding, a bike show and a flea market. No evidence of any of that except for a 9 vendor set up across the steet of RV campers. Won't go back again. We have stayed at the super 8 which is just as nice and half the price. Sorry.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm glad to hear your room was clean. As for the issues you encountered while here, I strive to take care of issues during a guest's stay, but that isn't always possible. I would be more than happy to discuss them with you if you would care to call me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am sitting in the breakfast room now. The juice is watery and artificial. The fruit consists of some sad bananas. I had to ask to have the hot food identified. There are Danish pastries, McD style sausage patties, industrial looking omelettes (from frozen?) and some gloppy "gravy" stuff which I don' have the courage to try. Overall the cheapest and nastiest hotel breakfast I have ever seen.. At -€150 a night I expect better than this.
On the positive side they provided a complimentary toothbrush which I had to collect from reception.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I am so glad to hear you were happy with your clean room. And I want to thank you for your honest opinion on our breakfast bar food. Unfortunately we are not a full service restaurant, and are restricted by the brand to the items we can serve. We offer our breakfast as a complimentary service to our guests to show our appreciation for ther patronage to our hotels. IHG is always looking for ways to improve our services and I will be sure to pass along your comments to them to help in any improvement they can make. Thank you.