“Best Burgers Around”
Review of Schoops Hamburgers

Schoops Hamburgers
Ranked #31 of 82 Restaurants in Portage
Description: At Schoop's Hamburgers in Portage, IN, we serve fresh, tasty, and affordable old-school hamburgers and more in a friendly environment. Join us for a meal in our restaurant today. Harkening back to the diners of a bygone era, our burgers are always fresh, never frozen, and cooked to crispy perfection when you order. Grilled to be a little crispy around the edges, nice and juicy in the middle, and overlapping the edges of your bun - our burgers are filling and delicious every time. We even have our own butcher and hand-form every patty just for you. We also offer a full menu of sandwiches, salads, sides, shakes, and more. Try a hand-dipped Hershey's shake or the popular Green River shake with your meal. Double up your burger or order a basket of chili cheese fries or onion rings to complement your sandwich. Stop by for cinnamon swirl pancakes or eggs and hashbrowns with a side of toast in the morning. Our streamline, stainless steel restaurant transports you to another era. Our service is always attentive and helpful, and our food delicious. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner today!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Schoops has the very best burgers around plus you can get a great old fashioned homemade milkshake...
The food here is very good........

1  Thank Kathie W

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I placed an order for a chili dog to go. While waiting I noticed that the place wasn't all that clean and the employees didn't seem to notice me until I asked if someone could help me with my pick up order.

When I got home with my meal I was shocked because my food was just slopped together in the container. What a waste because I've gone to the one in Hobart, IN and my to go order was prepared to appeal my taste.

I am not a dog and felt offended by the way my meal was prepared at the Portage, IN location.

I would not recommend this location until they clean up their act.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place was recommended by the locals it is a very cute restaurant with great burgers and fries. I reminds me of the old time hamburger hangouts. We have been there multiple times!!

2  Thank 777Donna777
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The local Schoops in Portage will satisfy anyone's burger, shake and fries craving. Servers are friendly and efficient. The restaurant is clean. Breakfast is also available and it is decent but Tate's Place has a better breakfast! We always request crisp french fries - we wait longer but they are worth it!

1  Thank Peter P
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I liked the overall atmosphere of the diner...very cutesy and clean...and the service was very friendly, but I just thought most of the food was so so. I ordered the 3 alarm cheeseburger and it was really good, but everything else I tasted including the irish nachos was just okay. Plus I tasted 3 different milkshakes and they were very lumpy and just okay. If you go order a cheeseburger.