$109
Comfort Inn(Portage)
$85
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2017

The location is great if you're planning to go to the Indiana Dunes.
The hotel rooms are so dirty. I've stayed at this location a few times before, and although the rooms aren't perfect, they weren't as bad as this visit. The bathroom was horrible!! Dirty. The shower floor was filthy. The shower curtain had stains on it.
I used to recommend this place to my friends, and have this hotel business as a result. I can't recommend this hotel anymore. It's gross

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The people were nice however the room was dirty and there was stuff on the ceiling that looked moldy, then the sheets were all stained up! I would never go back to this days in!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2017

We survived the night surprisingly. On the drive home from a late international flight we were to tired to continue driving and peeled off in Portage hoping to get a little sleep before continuing. This was the first place we saw. Took a room probably because I was to tired to look around any.

The guy passed out under the stairs should have been my first clue (seriously there was a guy passed out under the stairs, the INSIDE stairs). There were many people just hanging out smoking around the entire very dimly lit parking lot. The place is very dated and looks like it hasn't been cleaned since 1987. The hallways and layout was confusing enough we had to go back to the desk to find our room and the clerk walked us to it.. The outside security key locks were broken (at least at "door #2") which probably how passed out guy got in.. The carpet was stained, wallpaper ripped, and the halls smelled very much like smoke. It was very much a double check all the locks on the doors and windows, sleep lightly with your eyes wide open kind of place.

We amazingly did manage to get a couple hours sleep but were up and out by 5:45 am. I am not a picky or prissy person at all but was very nervous staying here.. I guess if you're desperate and dead tired you can take your chances at the Days Inn Portage but my advice is to try and find somewhere else.. Hard to believe Days Inn would put their name on this place..

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Whyme26
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Overall an ok hotel it had perfect location for the beach I refused to swim in their pool it was disgusting and the hot tub was just as gross beds were very comfy and breakfast was a little dissapointing

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple