$109
Comfort Inn(Portage)
$85
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Total Dump! Filthy! Smelly, did I mention filthy? Just keep on rolling to South Bend.

Room Tip: Stay Away! Roll on to South Bend!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AMileHigh
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Best hotel for the value we've seen, our second cross country trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pura M
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed here for one night this past Labor Day weekend. We used Wyndham Reward points, so we got it free. We based here to visit Indiana Dunes and nearby Chesterton. The hotel was rather an older facility. The rooms were tidy, but obviously showed wear and tear over the years. The furniture was definitely a bit shoddy and needs replacing. One of the lamp lightbulbs were out.

Biggest complaint: they offered no baby cribs. I never been to a hotel that has no baby cribs. When I read the hotel room brochure of amenities, it said they offer complimentary baby cribs, so obviously they once did but no longer do based on it being broken and they never replaced it. we had two adults and two kids, and a baby, so we had to go to the local walmart and buy a cheap baby pack and play for our infant. Unnecessary expense for me there.

Second complaint: in the evening when we called reception to ask for an extra linen sheet so we can spread out for our baby, they said housekeeping has gone home and the only extra sheets they left ran out. In my mind, that is pretty unacceptable. How could a hotel run out of sheets? What if something spilled and they need to change sheets? Well, you'd be out of luck. I guess you'd have to go down to the local Walmart and buy your own sheets.

the breakfast was adequate: bagels, cereal, danishes, coffee, juice, milk, fruit. It was sufficient to fill up our stomachs.

The reception was very friendly, however. We did not use the pool, so not review for that.

overall, Days Inn Portage is a place to spend the night when you're traveling on the road, and that's it. It is in need of some renovating and definitely restocking on essential supplies such as baby cribs and extra linens and sheets.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cairoegypt
Robbie C, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Portage, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

As the new GM of Days Inn - Portage, IN. I thank you for staying with us and for your comments regarding our property. I am aware of the need for baby cribs and am in the process of getting 4 of them for our hotel. I have also already ordered more linens. I do agree with you that no hotel should ever run out of available linens. I assure you that many changes are being made with many more to come since the recent change in management.

Our hotel is going through some renovations section by section. We have completely gutted one section down to the studs and rebuilt the entire interior. The project has been underway for months and is almost complete. With the age and size of our hotel, updates must be done in sections.

I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with our Day Break breakfast which is going to be even greater with the upcoming addition of 2 new waffle makers. I do thank you again and hope you are able to stay with us in the future to experience improved quality and service.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Days Inn is located right off the 249 and I94 expressways, so it is a convenient place to rest. This is not the Ritz, the place is old and shows some signs of wear. However, it was clean, the shower was hot, the AC and TV worked, and the bed was firm. For just a place to sleep, this is a good value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great price and location for visiting the Dunes. Checked in late in the day, was not our first choice hotel but others were sold out and recommended checking the Days Inn. We were just looking for a place to relax after a day at the beach. Pulled up to hotel to see large windows that looked like they needed updated for sure or just should not be there at all. Went in and we were pleasantly surprised when we approached the desk and greeted so friendly by bobby. We did express concern about cleanliness etc. He offered to show us the room prior to check in and assured us if we have any problems he would take care of them right away and he did so very promptly. The pool did have a lot of people in it but it entertained our kids for hours and they they loved it. While the wife & kids were in the pool I tried to get some work done although wifi connections were spotty and had to do my work from the lobby after he reset the router a few times.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family