See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Days Inn is located right off the 249 and I94 expressways, so it is a convenient place to rest. This is not the Ritz, the place is old and shows some signs of wear. However, it was clean, the shower was hot, the AC and TV worked, and the bed was firm. For just a place to sleep, this is a good value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great price and location for visiting the Dunes. Checked in late in the day, was not our first choice hotel but others were sold out and recommended checking the Days Inn. We were just looking for a place to relax after a day at the beach. Pulled up to hotel to see large windows that looked like they needed updated for sure or just should not be there at all. Went in and we were pleasantly surprised when we approached the desk and greeted so friendly by bobby. We did express concern about cleanliness etc. He offered to show us the room prior to check in and assured us if we have any problems he would take care of them right away and he did so very promptly. The pool did have a lot of people in it but it entertained our kids for hours and they they loved it. While the wife & kids were in the pool I tried to get some work done although wifi connections were spotty and had to do my work from the lobby after he reset the router a few times.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'm not kidding, beware of this rat hole. I'm sitting here itching right now. After reading these reviews, I wish I had read all the warnings before checking in but did not. The price sounded great so we tried it out. Bad choice. First off, our room was stinky. Smelled like sweat and gun powder. Very strange. While driving around sight seeing and enjoying the day away from the hotel, we realized that like less than a mile away were very questionable neighborhoods (strip joints, run down motels, gangs, etc.). We had high hopes that the pool had to be a perk of this disgusting hotel. Well, we were wrong. The pool room had slits in the screen, where outsiders could get in, and the odor of urine everywhere. Moldy bathtub and the toilet paper was like paper towels from taco bell. Also when we entered the room and smelled it's odor, we noticed that the wall hangings had been ripped from the walls and were lying on the floor behinds the bed. I decided to at least try to get a decent breakfast from this place... I arrived to the dining area to only three bagels and a container of cereal. Last, this is my favorite part, when checking out and carrying our stuff to the car, the maid cleaning the rooms was a young man with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a runny nose sniffling. I'm serious, stay away from this filthy place. It will be worth the extra money to drive further north and spend a few extra dollars than go here and catch body lice!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sjzs
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Ignore the bad reviews on this hotel clearly those are people who are used to staying in big,luxurious hotels to be honest thats not Days Inn duh its the Days Inn not the Hampton Inn,the room rates are affordable ive always had clean rooms and no problems at all,for the people who said that they stayed in nasty,disgusting rooms without clean sheets then clearly you are a nasty disgusting person. Every one knows to check your hotel room when you first check in so if you dont ask for another room then thats your own fault. I love this hotel do your research before you complain,dont complain about not having refridgerators or microwaves and write a bad review when it clearly states on the website that those items cost more,yes the breakfast isnt alot but what do you expect for $70 a night,go to dennys next door then. The pool and hot tub are great,perfect temps and clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The room was dirty, and the sheets had food crumbs all in it. They had no clean linens. I packed up the fam and checked out, after only being there for an 1hr. Do not go there!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family