Just a quick one night stay here, but it had plenty of room for our family, and we very much enjoyed our time. The bed was super comfortable, and the breakfast was good. I'd stay away from Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner, where we were treated very rudely, but otherwise, we would recommend this hotel readily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located near the the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and just 1 mile from Portage's Riverwalk beach park. We are a family friendly hotel with a large aquatic center featuring a kiddie pool, hot tub, swimming pool and an arcade area. We offer a great free breakfast every morning that includes fresh homemade waffles, various hot items like sausage and eggs as well as lots of fruits and cereals. We are just 45 minutes from downtown Chicago with great rail service available daily until midnight or later. The famed Lighthouse Outlet mall is less than 20 minutes away as are numerous casinos. Portage is a great place to vacation or just visit. Our beaches are second to none and our people are friendly and always inviting.. The famed Steel Mills of NW Indiana are just minutes away from the hotel so business clients are always welcomed. Specially negotiated rates are available for all contractors and vendors doing business with the mills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Portage
- Country Inn & Suites Portage Hotel Portage
- Country Inn Portage
- Portage Country Inn