Traveling on Business - this is a great place to stop. The hotel is clean, and breakfast is ready maybe a little before 6am on some mornings. It's obvious that the person taking care of breakfast cares about her job - it's really done well. That's great when you have to get out early. Rooms were nice, bathroom is bright, beds are good.
The staff is just great - they always say hello.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located near the the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and just 1 mile from Portage's Riverwalk beach park. We are a family friendly hotel with a large aquatic center featuring a kiddie pool, hot tub, swimming pool and an arcade area. We offer a great free breakfast every morning that includes fresh homemade waffles, various hot items like sausage and eggs as well as lots of fruits and cereals. We are just 45 minutes from downtown Chicago with great rail service available daily until midnight or later. The famed Lighthouse Outlet mall is less than 20 minutes away as are numerous casinos. Portage is a great place to vacation or just visit. Our beaches are second to none and our people are friendly and always inviting.. The famed Steel Mills of NW Indiana are just minutes away from the hotel so business clients are always welcomed. Specially negotiated rates are available for all contractors and vendors doing business with the mills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Portage Hotel Portage
- Country Inn And Suites Portage
- Country Inn Portage
- Portage Country Inn