“PRETTY GOOD STUFF”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A great variety of sides can be found here - unique from other similarly themed restaurants (you shouldn't throw the peanut shells on the floor here, they provide a bucket on the table for them!). I enjoyed the New York Strip Steak with Steak Fries and Buttered Corn for my sides and I had a frozen Raspberry Margarita which was good. Service is good. My wife and I have dined here twice since it opened. The steak quality isn't as good as Longhorn Steakhouse, in my opinion, but Texas Roadhouse's lower price compensates for it. I would not say that Texas Roadhouse is better than Texas Corral, each in their own way, have a distinct appeal, Texas Roadhouse is noisier than Texas Corral, and the servers at Texas Roadhouse will periodically dance to a country tune that plays as you dine!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Eat there on Thursday after a visit to Ogden Beach. Impecable service and food for the whole family. I could not have asked for anything more.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Yummy!!! The food was hot, served fast and delicious!!! We were seated quickly with a basket of HOT buttery buns that came with a scrumptious cinnamon butter!!!! They also serve yummy sweet tea!!
Stop in here if you are near Portage, IN!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff here are great. The food is delicious. Even when it's busy, the wait isn't long. We like the music and the dancing. The dinner rolls are nice and hot. The steak is cooked perfectly. The sweet tea is delicious too.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My only complaint is that the staff stops by too much and bugs the heck of you. Give me time to relax and taste my food. Other than that, the food is excellent and I crave it. The atmosphere is fun. There could be less staff at the hostess stand and less chit chat. Seems like social hour up there.