Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
Comfort Inn(Portage)
$76
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Let me start out by saying we've gone to many campgrounds, and I have never written a negative review. But this time, I feel it's necessary to warn other campers, so they do not make the same bad decision.

First, this is mainly a large community of permanent residents. It seems that the campsites are placed anywhere where a spot is not occupied within the community.

As we were traveling with our camper, and joined by our parents in ther camper, we asked for 2 spots together. Maybe that made a difference in our site location. But, we were placed right in front of a processing building. We believe it was for sewage, but I can't say for sure. All I can be certain of...is that it smelled terrible! We like to sit outside, in the evening, and due to the smell it was not even an option.

They have 3 pools in one area. If you can dodge the golf carts that are used by the residents, the pools are fairly large and there's also an arcade. This is the community rec area and was packed when we went at 5:30 on a Satuday night. They did have three life guards, which is good, but there were a lot of kids, so it was necessary.

Generally we like to sleep in until around 8. Our air conditioner drowns out the sound of passing trains and pretty much any ourtside noise But we were all jolted awake, to what sounded like a loud gunshot at 7 a.m. I guess it gave us a good reason to get started early, so we packed up quickly and left.

As we pulled out of the campground, there were 3 cop cars arresting a man. I know that it could happen anywhere, but it sort of was the topping on the entire experience.

This would not be a campground that I recommend. There are many others in the area. It would probably be a smart decision to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012