Hampton Inn Portage
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Portage
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stay in many hotels every year and always look at reviews prior to picking. This hotel and good customer reviews and I can happy say they were correct. The hotel and room look recently remodeled. The hotel, lobby, hallways, room, bathroom were all very clean. The mattress was new and the sheets were nice and I was able to get a great nights sleep. It does look like their was some construction out back, new homes but that is completed. So it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher I
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for your very kind remarks. True enough the guest room renovation has just been completed. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Comfortable bed and agreeable staff. Just spent one night but everything was fine. It was close enough to Chicago to get to the city early the next morning in less than an hour and did not have to pay big city prices for the night. The bed was very comfortable. Nice range of restaurants in the area. Good breakfast. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thanks for choosing our Hotel. I shared your comments with our team. Thanks for your very kind remarks. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a frequent visitor of Hampton Inn's during most of travels so I have come to expect exceptional service and value at each. This Portage location is nice but a few picky things kept me from rating the usual 5. I understand that the appearance of each Hilton property is a major key to their success and the recent renovations of this property are evident. However, it takes more than fancy dining areas and flat screen televisions to wow customers. My king room was immaculate with a fancy duvet and all the trimmings. Amazingly the air-conditional looked like it was from the 70’s and the same with the shower head and tub. Both worked but not the exceptional I expect from Hampton. Then with all the detail put into bed covers I would expect them to use at least average toilet paper and not the 50 cent stuff from the dollar store. Another standard that I usually anticipate from Hampton is a smile and warm greeting and at this location not one morning of the 3 was I even greeted with a good morning or is everything OK. One morning my dirty coffee cup was left right by the pot and another morning no regular coffee was left. By no means a horrendous Hampton experience but not the usual visit. If you spend money to fix-up don’t forget the small things and for sure don’t forget the basic customer service skills.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MTRaz
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We are embarassed that you were so disappointed. With all due respect, the toilet paper that we use in the Brand Standard, purchased from the Brand approved vendor.

Our apologies for running out of coffee at a very inappropriate moment. We have challenged each other to demonstrate better hospitality skills. We hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very good value... upon arrival, staff agreed to match rate quoted by Expedia, which was lower than hotel's quoted rate. Accommodations were above expectations. Location was quiet and easy to get to. Front desk was friendly and responsive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for your very kind remarks. We hope that your choose to stay with us again.

Paul Zielinski General Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We just stayed there and even though the site says it under renovation the revovation is complete it is awsome place to stay the rooms are great the staff is really great. The pool was very nice I would reccommend anyone to stay there The beds are to die for they are so comfortable. I give this hotel ***** stars

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thanks for your very kind remarks. Our guest room renovation will be completed 06.07.13. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel has been recently renovated and the furnishings are wonderful. The staff at this facility are fantastic, have a great attitude and are very helpful in recommendations of nearby attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your very kind remarks. I always share guest's comments with team members. Our guest room renovation will be completed by 06.07.13. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had terrible day - my wheel tire burst on the highway (I 95) 250 miles away from home. All I wanted was a great sleep at night. Unfortunately, I had sleepless night! The A/C was so noisy that I had to keep it off. No greetings as HHonors Gold member. Location is good - off of the highway. Price is not competitive compared to the quality. I won't recommend to my friends to stay there. There are many alternative hotels around

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manzurul H
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests including comments to help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues during your stay. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you.

Paul Zielinski

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
#1 of 1 in Porter
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 12 in Portage

Been to Hampton Inn Portage? Share your experiences!