Hampton Inn Portage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
Comfort Inn(Portage)
$72
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanindiana duneswould stay here againbit datedbreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfastexercise roombusiness tripwafflesquick stopdesk clerkstaff was friendlygreat place to stayeasy accessafter a long daythe breakfast areanice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Yes, this is an older place with sad furniture and a noisy location adjacent to a busy road. However, the rooms are clean ,the staff is agreeable and the place is being renovated right now (Oct 12 ). I did have to change rooms to get away from the jack hammer noise and cement dust on the first floor. Then I changed again to get away from the trucks barreling along the road, but the room I stayed with for 2 nights was facing the back and was fine. My biggest complaint was the slippery bath tub bottom shaped like a U. I had to hold onto the rail with one hand while washing my hair. Not very senior friendly. If they had a rubber mat to lay on the bathtub surface, it would have been really helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing away from the road...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks for choosing our Hotel. The renovation to the Hampton Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness Center will be completed 11.05.12.

Guest room issues will be addressed in early 2013.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is a dump. When I came in there was caution tape all over the lobby, it looks like they are doing some upgrades to the flooring which is a good thing. However, I would have liked to have known that before I booked this room. The walls and wall paper were all banged up and peeling.
The room itself is large but dated. There was alot of wear and tear on the room for example -
in the bathroom, the cultured marble looks like it had shattered and they just tacked it back up. The toilet lever was broken. (this is room 308). The tile looked dirty but I think it was clean, just old.
Other than that, the room was ok, its just not what I expected. The last Hampton Inn that I stayed at was alot nicer than this. If I had known that the place was such a dump I would have stayed elsewhere.
This is only the second Hampton Inn I've stayed in and based upon this experience I'm not sure I will do it again.

Room Tip: try to get on the side that doesn't have noise from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tripcasey
Paul Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Our apologies for your unpleasant stay. The renovation to the Hampton Perfect Mix Lobby and the Jump Start Fitness Center will be completed on 11.05.12. Guest room issues will be addressed in the first quarter of 2013.

Our owners chose to perform renovations during the off season. We have the information posted on our property specific web site. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again once the renovations have been completed.

Thanks for choosing our Hotel.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Chicago. While being some distance east this hotel is very close to the South Shore Rail line making it an easy pleasant economical commute into downtown. The room rates are much less expensive than any comporable downtown hotel. The room was a bit dated but large. It had Wifi, microwave and a flat screen TV. A fridge was available for an additonal $10 per night. Ice however was avaiable on every floor. Breakfast was only basic. Restaurants were at some distance and all required a drive to comfortably reach them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for choosing our Hotel. Thanks for your comments.

The renovation to the Hampton Perfect Mix Lobby and the Jump Start Fitness Center will be completed by 11.05.12.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I Needed to find a hotel for my family and I to stay at for a few day get away.. so i came across this hotel and decided to give it a shot and book a few nights. When we got there we noticed the hotel was a little older but inside was very nice and kept up. Check in was very easy. When we got to our room i was very impressed it was extremely clean and i love the duvet covers clean and fresh for every guest so i could rest assured. Bathroom was nice soft towels. Also the first place i stayed at where the housekeeping staff was very attentive to our needs for the next couple of days while we were there. My daughter loved the designs the staff would do with the washcloths each night we would come back to our room after it had been cleaned very cute. Breakfast was really good they had a little bit of everything polite breakfast staff. Overall enjoyed our trip here thank you Hampton Inn! Look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Marie0021
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is older, rooms and furniture are outdated as well as the bathroom. However it is very well kept. The room was clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. You can tell that the hotel staff takes pride in it's property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business