Baymont Inn & Suites Portage
Comfort Inn(Portage)
$76
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshi expresspet feeroom was cleantoll roadupon checkeasy accessexercise roomwould definitely stay here againdesk clerkcollettefreewaymichiganmicrowavegame
Reviewed August 2, 2012

OK this hotel is not what I was expecting it to be. First off check in was very slow, the clerk was nice but she had to yell at the housekeeper for not doing her job! We where told that we where not going to fit into the KidsSuite that we booked, because bunk beds would be to small for me and my sister. But theres were no more rooms avaliable there or any where because of a softball tournament. So we checked into that room anyway. When we walked into our room we checked into our bunk bed, which were liked half the size of a twin bed. And both of the beds were sandy. We also noticed that there were no clock or microwave in our room. So we called front desk and they said they would give us our microwave but there was no clock because the other one did work and they throw it out. So we were not happy about that. A good plus though was that the bath was nice with a good shower head. Anyways, we left for dinner and closed the door and the door wouldn't lock, we could push open the door after we closed it tight, so we had to call the front desk and said maintence would be there in a little while. So we took all electronic's and put them in the car. After the dinner the door was fixed, we also heard that people have been saying to the staff that the door hasn't been working for weeks. My parents said the beds were OK. I also found stains on the chairs. The hotel was probably the worst hotel I and my parents every stayed at, next time in Portage I think I am going to stick with the Country Inn and Suites.

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Beware if your room is on the end where the night club is because you won't be able to sleep. The music booming from the night club next door will shake you out of your bed. No rest for the weary or anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lanita S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Portage, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Lanita S,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the outside noise. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, your comments are troubling and I will make sure that this will be looked into. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us a chance to serve you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service for special requests. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Delicious breakfast with lots of variety. Comfortable beds and bedding. Pool is tiny. Would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed one night with my husband and 2 kids. We were given a room on the 3rd floor. We were unaware until we arrived on the 3rd floor after taking a very slow elevator up, that 1/2 the floor is smoking. (smoking inside will end at end of July 2012). Well we were 1 room away from the smoking rooms. So let's just call it passive smoking...after a couple attempts were were finally given another room on a different floor.

We also were not told that there is a very active railroad that runs behind the hotel with trains going by at 11 pm, 2 am, and also 4 am. Try to get a room on the front side.

The hotel could use some updates and was pretty dated. But the hotel manager helped us out and moved us to the non smoking floor, so I was thankful for her help.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the hotel away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Portage, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear mskimt,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad the manager was able to assist you and move you to a room that met your expectations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the outside noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Beds were comfortable and clean...but housekeeping failed to provide shampoo and soap for the 2nd and 3rd nights of our stay...came back 3rd night after being out all day and housekeeping had not been to change out towels or make beds...they were courteous about getting it readied, but still no shampoo and bar soap. The smoke from 3rd floor rooms permeate the "non-smoking"rooms on the 2nd floor. This particular HI Express falls way below the franchise standard in cleanliness and basic housekeeping.