“More hype than quality”

Gelsosomo's Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Springfield, Missouri
“More hype than quality”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We arrived before the crowd. Our waitress didn't seem to care about waiting on us. We ordered the deep dish pizza because of all the hype. It took 45 minutes to get the pizza and it was barely warm. Seems like if it takes that long to back it would be steaming hot. There was more sauce than anything and it was impossible to find the pepperoni. Every time someone came in the restaurant we would freeze for quite awhile afterwards. Don't know that I will be rushing back when I'm in town.

Visited March 2013

Valparaiso, IN
“Wow, what a great pizza place!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My friends and I try to get to Gelsosomo's in Valparaiso, IN, at least every 2 weeks because of the sensationally good pizza. Service is superb, and my buddy who's a heart patient takes 5 minutes to give detailed instructions to the waitress on how LITTLE cheese to use, which type of olives must be included, etc. etc. These women just smile patiently and get the kitchen to comply -- which has worked every time but ONCE in the past year. The sauce, the toppings, and the crust may not be to every pizza lover's taste, but to me they are the pinnacle of pizza in Northwest Indiana -- which I say with 60+ years of experience.

Visited March 2013
Ohio
“Recommend deep dish”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My first experience with Gelsosomo's left me a little disappointed, as I had heard so many positive comments about their pizza. However, on my second visit, I decided to order the deep dish pizza, which I found to be far better than their hand-tossed. My only complaint was that we had made reservations in advance (we had a party of about 25), and had to wait approx. 45 minutes to be seated. Their hostess/seating team seemed to be disorganized.

• Visited December 2012
Hobart, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The pizza, antipasta salad are the best around. Great for couples or families. You can even take home an unbaked pizza - a nice perk.

Visited December 2012
MICHIGAN CITY
“Great Dinner/Lunch for Family/Friends Gathering”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their pizza is absolutely delicious!!! Prices are a little higher than a Pizza Hut but this pizza is worrrrrth it!