All reviews best westerns splash pad lobby area indoor pool good nights sleep bed was very comfortable a great stay breakfast bar indiana dunes chicago area on line small children would stay again hot breakfast parking lot off the highway hot tub
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Nothing exceptional nor poor, just okay...a little overpriced. Beds were comfortable to me...eggs were kinda gross (didnt know you could really mess up eggs that easily). People being very loud through out hotel at 11 30 pm... Just an ok stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Mice, not clean, don't stay here! The initial appearance is nice but don't let it fool you. The rooms were not clean and 2 time mice were spotted. Very gross. Luckily they had a bar so I could drink my woes away.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018

My husband and I were travelling with our 3 year old grandson to Indiana for a family reunion. I made our reservations on line, but since pool time was important for our grandson, I decided to call the Portage hotel direct to ask about the pool area availability (was it closed for maintenance, repairs, etc). After calling the hotel 4 times over a 5 hour period with no answer, I called the 800 number on the website to inquire about the status of the hotel in general. When I finally was able to speak to someone at the Portage hotel, I was assured that everything in the pool area was open and functioning. Unfortunately, this was not actually the case, as the hot tube heater was broken.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Nice place for the money. We arrived at 10pm without a reservation and got right in. The desk was pleasant and helpful. The room was nice and the Breakfast was very good. Very clean place. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg L
Reviewed May 14, 2018

I was told that we couldn't have pizza delivered to the pool. My sister had it delivered just last month to the pool. (Her child had his birthday party a month previous there. I chose the hotel based on a recommendation.) When the pizza lady arrived, she was also confused, because she said she had delivered there plenty of times. It was for a kids birthday party and we had to all get dressed, dry, and get up to the room to eat. This postponed the festivities by a bit.

The game room was full of old games that barely worked and not all of them were even plugged in. Centipede was fun, since the movement ball was broken and you couldn't move. And the police trainer game was fun too. The screen was wavy and fuzzy and you couldnt even hit the targets. What a joke.

The fitness room and pool room were so musty and stagnant, it was hard to breathe. Ironically enough, the very reason I chose that hotel was due to the pool being heated. Wouldn't you know it? The pool wasn't heated that day and the hottub was broken. You could go in, but it was ice cold. Everyone loves an ice cold hot tub!

The rooms were clean, so that was nice.

Although when I asked for extra towels, I was told they would have to see what they had. (Kids birthday party)

The TV was paired with a remote that had no input button, so plugging in the gaming console was a learning curve.

The clean room means I would stay again if I just needed to sleep, but not likely to stay again for any other reason.

Mind you. I came to the hotel from further than I needed to for reasons that were not fulfilled on my particular stay. So, all in all, not the best experience.

We should have stayed at the Hilton in Merrillville. I found out later that I could have got a better room for cheaper.

All in all, a disappointing experience to say the least.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends