“WHERE's the beef????? the bacon???” 2 of 5 bubbles

Quaker Steak & Lube
Ranked #57 of 79 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
WAUWATOSA
“WHERE's the beef????? the bacon???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

After a day of travel I was happy to see some menus in the nearby hotel for restaurants with pick up or delivery. Thought I would give Quaker Steak a try as I am occasionally staying in Portage or passing through. I called in an order for pickup. The person on the phone was difficult to understand or hear at times, like she did not have her head set adjusted correctly. I ordered a BBQ O-Ring Cheesesteak with Lube chips (with the recommended cheese sauce) and a side of coleslaw. I was told to P/U in 20 min and arrived at about 17 min, the order was ready.
I was pleased with the way my sandwich was packaged and the inclusion of napkins, utensils, wipes in a leak proof bag. Licorice sticks was a nice touch as well.
The coleslaw was cold and very tasty with a proper shred an balance of ingredients. The chips were warm, crisp and properly seasoned. The sauce was pretty good as well.
I was VERY disappointed in the sandwich! First of all the bun was not cut down the middle, about 75% of it was top and 25% bottom. Not only was the bun cut improperly it was so dry it just crumbled away. There was ONE 1 1/4" onion ring (says ringS on the menu). BBQ sauce? about a 1/2 tsp. in one spot. Bacon??? Nope, NONE. Cheese? I think there was some. Beef to bun ratio? laughable even though I threw out about 3/4 of the VERY dry bread. The ingredients that were on the sandwich were tasty but I feel like I only got $2.50 worth of the $10 sandwich.
My visit was on Saturday, October 26th, about 6pm.
I was hoping to really like this place but even though I will be traveling past again on Nov 6th and Nov 11th and at least twice in December, think I better pass.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Consistently Slow Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This location has a reputation for being incredibly slow. Additionally, the food is never that good either. I don't know how you can mess up a hamburger, but somehow they manage to.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
ThanQ for sharing your review. We always appreciate our guests feedback. We are sorry to hear that you experienced less than outstanding service on your visit and that you did not enjoy the food. It is our mission to have all of our guests experience great tastes and to know that we care. If you would like to share more information about your experience please contact us at teamqsl@thelube.com.
“Sports Bar with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great choice on Hamburgers, Ribs, Chicken and other food that you would expect in a Sports Bar. Vast choice in the spice of the foods. The Lubeburger I had was a very good combination of spices and condiments. Try their home made chips and try the dip. The ribs were a bit fatty and burnt. This may be that they were prepared gluten free. Yes they have a gluten free menu. A caution, this is a sports bar and very noisy. The decor is an interesting "motor head" theme and would keep kid's (big and small) interest almost long enough.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
ThanQ for sharing your review! We are always happy to hear from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our menu options and decor. We hope to see you back again soon!
Detroit
“Interesting place with a variety of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Unique atmosphere with a lot of food options. Food was pretty good and a little cheaper than other nearby places.

Visited August 2013
TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
ThanQ for sharing about your experience, we love to hear from our guests! We are glad you enjoyed the fun atmosphere and menu options. Please come visit us again soon!
Arcola, Illinois
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've went to this restaurant in Springfield, IL, so I knew what to expect. Good food!! My friend, who had never been to Quaker State, enjoyed looking at all the cars, motorcycles, etc. on display

Visited August 2013
ThanQ for the great review ! We love to hear from our guests, glad you enjoyed the food and décor. We hope you had fun and will come back again soon!