“Great hotel, excellent stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice room. Everything nice and clean. Used fitness center, everything worked. Breakfast well stocked and fresh. No complaints about this hotel. Friendly staff. Lots of parking. Big indoor pool. Good selection of tv channels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Karen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Jeffrey

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our facility. we appreciate your fabulous comments and look forward to sharing them with our entire staff. Thanks again for being a loyal guest!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Close enough to South Bend without being in the city (as it turned out, the night we were there had a terrific thunderstorm that was actually WORSE in South Bend, so it was a plus being in Plymouth). Check-in was fast and the room was well appointed and clean. Only negative would be that on hot days, we all try to conserve energy, but turning the A/C off and just letting the fan run is NOT a good Management choice- it takes forever for the room to finally cool enough to be acceptable (and the A/C was functioning properly). Otherwise, I give this HI Express a big thumbs-up! Breakfast was typical but very tasty.

Room Tip: Spend the slight extra and get a suite. The extra room is really nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave me us feedback. We especially love when we get positive feedback from our loyal guests! We look forward to serving you next time you are in the Plymouth area.
Karen Hoover

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stopped in Plymouth because it was getting late, and the weather was worsening. Although the staff were quite friendly, our room was completely unsatisfactory because the heater/fan unit came on every 4 minutes!!!, and it was unbelievably loud. We tried lots of heating/cooling/fan settings to see if that might help, but nothing did. I NEVER have trouble getting to sleep, but it was simply impossible with the noise. Finally, around 3 am I turned the heat completely off, and, of course, the room got cold. (This was February in northern Indiana!) My worst night ever in a hotel!

One other thing, although I've certainly noticed this in other hotels---I cannot understand why coffee makers are kept in the bathroom. Yes, I know, closer to water, no drips on the furniture, maybe not as much of a fire hazard, BUT, would you keep one in your bathroom at home, and why not! In our room the coffee maker was right next to the toilet. Good grief!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susie H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Susie H,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This facility is clean and convenient to highways. Quick checkin and out. Bed was very comfortable. Not disappointed. Will probably stay again when in this area. I did think it was overpriced for the area and facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ronilynn777
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed over after ND Football home game against BYU....won now 7-0 undefeated! Yaay! The drive to the hotel from South Bend was a bit far but for the accommodations it was well worth the drive. Quick check in at front desk. The room was very spacious and clean. Beds were very comfy and the shower was wonderful. Everything was newer and there was plenty of room for 3 people in the 2 Bed room. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful...had plenty to choose from and what was supposed to be hot was hot and what was supposed to be cold was cold. I will definitely be back for the next ND home game weekend!!

Room Tip: Top floors have less occupant noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My stay was average at this hotel. I travel every week for my job so I felt it had adequate supplies and I would stay there again. The people were nice and friendly, which is unusual in the northern part of the US. Colleen Lindsey

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Colleen L
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The staff was not knowledgeable. I asked about discount rates for corporations, DAV, or American Legion and was not given a lot of information. I was given a AARP discount, total charges were $169 without taxes, the bill does not list discount, I've stayed in Vegas and many other places for less.
The pool was discolored in the 7 ft section, looked like algae. I could not enjoy my swim looking at the green at the bottom of the pool.
Then a knock on the door at 8 AM, the maid wanted to get in and clean the room, check out time is 12PM, I have never had staff knock on my door to check when we were leaving.
Then breakfast, the pancake machine was broke, the bananas were half brown on the outside, good for banana bread,
On a positive note the room was clean. The staff at the desk was nice, but not helpful and conveniently unaware of the financial aspects of charges and discounts. I was told going on line I would not find any discounts, WRONG. Another guest with daughter, son-in-law, and baby were charged $35 less then I was with an AARP discount.

Room Tip: Check pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TomZ665
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear TomZ665,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is our best resource for improving guest services. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Culver
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 30 in South Bend

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plymouth? Share your experiences!