“Food poisoning”

El Meson Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Everybody talked about this place like it was the best Mexican food in the world. But my experience was awful the food was lukewarm and tasted horrible I am assuming everything was frozen and canned but the main point was my stomach was churning before I could finish my meal or margarita the latter of which was good but after paying I lost my dinner and margarita in the parking lot and was ill for 3 days. I mean very ill so avoid at all costs

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We recently spent several days in Plainfield, IN. There are numerous restaurants in the area on all levels and we sampled everything from steak burgers to sushi---but the absolute best meal we had was at El Meson. I wish I had a camera so I could upload a picture of the most colorful and happiest looking place I've ever eaten in. I made it a point to eat there after reading previous reviews on trip advisor. Do not let it's location in a strip mall deter you! The food was deliciously prepared, it tasted great and was an excellent value. The service was also very attentive and friendly. How I wish we had an El Meson in Rhode Island....

Reviewed June 8, 2011

Great food, decent service, and awesome margaritas!!

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Family and I eat here weekly. Addicted to the chips/salsa and arroz con pollo. Kids are picky eaters and are starting to love a variety of the foods. YAY! Good price for the food. Absolutely BEST mexican for this family. Drive 20 minutes past several other mexican restaurants to get there!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

I tried this restaurant on Monday, 5/10 around 12:30 pm....Chips & Salsa were very good, but the El Meson Chicken Burrito was just not good... I ate about half the burrito, took a pea sized taste of the refried beans, and didn't even bother with the rice. None of the ingredients appeared or tasted even close to fresh......Service was a guy dropping the plate in front of me from about 3" in the air while nearly running by my table, no drink refills, and then waiting nearly 15 minutes after I had pushed the mess away for my check which never arrived. I finally walked up to the cash register where 3 people were standing shooting the breeze and paid......I have better things to do with my lunch budget than waste it on poorly managed establishments serving icky glop.... ugh!~