“unprofessional staff”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Indiana
“unprofessional staff”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This location is very convenient to the airport. Many hotels at this exit vary greatly in price. This location has an indoor pool and the rooms were nearly spotless with very nice bedding!

The problem was the staff seemed very unprofessional, front desk attendants and the breakfast hostess. For a major chain affiliated Choice Hotels, I was expecting a more professional manner from the employees.

One of them was watching TV in the breakfast area with a guest---MTV was blaring at 7am!! That, too, brought my image down on this facility. The breakfast was horrible. Their was a total of 3 eggs, 3 sausage links and two yogurts---you'd think that much would be offered as the guests made their way to the breakfast area between 7 and 8. Only one was dining at the time, and I think that the breakfast hostess was the one sitting down watching TV.

A major lack of preparation; more attention to fine detail is needed.

Room Tip: There is much noise from the parking lot, so the further away, the better you'll rest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank taffytrixie
Pravinp439, General Manager at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We apologize for you stay on October 15, 2013. Thank you for bringing to our attention changes we need to make in the future. We hope that you will stay with again in the future. Thank you once again for your business.

GM, Quality Inn Plainfield,In

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very disappointed with this hotel. i have worked in the hotel industry in the past and didn't need that to know that when there are long black hairs in the drain and moldy M&M's in the bed and the floor looked like it wasn't vacuumed at all and when it was brought to the staff's attention we weren't even offered a different room or anything. I'm pretty sure that they hire people for the specific reasoning of cleaning the rooms to a higher standard. I will never stay with choice hotels again. i like sleep to much to lay in bed all night worrying about who may have lain in my bed last or if the sheets were changed. Oh and there is not a fitness center at this location.

Room Tip: just don't stay here. period
1 Thank Chey V
Thank you taking time to bring to our attention things we need to be looking at and fixing the problems. We sincerely apologize for the problems you had and we do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

GM, Quality Inn Plainfield, In
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Front office staff very polite and friendly. Rooms depressing and out of date totally. I.e. tv not flat screen but the box one:-(. Lobby amazing but went to see the room an you feel like your are in eastern Europe. Sorry but did not feel like hotel at all.

1 Thank ayeshya
Pravinp439, General Manager at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
This review may be for another hotel. We installed LCD TV prior to May 7, 2013 opening as quality Inn and replaced old box TV.
Tucson
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel has gotten bad reviews in the past but has been updated. The beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. The only problem I had was the rooms that had been smoking in the past still had odor residue but they were very accommodating and changed my room until I had one that was always non-smoking. A great hot breakfast was served. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke ask for a room that has always been non-smoking
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pravin P, General Manager at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review. These reviews helps us improve. We appreciate your business.
Thanks,
Pravin
Eminence, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

So, the Motel 6 in Plainfield is kicking us out because you can get into our room without even needing a room key to unlock the door. The 'owner' cussed my husband out after saying he talked to him about the room and apparently my husband said the door was fine. Which, I'd like to know when and how he talked to my husband when he wasn't even here when the owner was. Makes no sense to me. Must be a telepathic thing I guess. Although my husband had no recollection of it. The hot tub is permanently out of order, and they have no intentions on fixing it. They had to shut it down because it wasn't wheelchair accessible, and refuse to spend the funds to make it so. Then again, the pool isn't wheelchair accessible either, and it's still open. There was even damage done to our car while being here, and they still treated us like crap. So screw you Motel 6. You've already been reported to the corporate office of the way you treat customers. Not to mention the roaches in the hallways.

Room Tip: They had roaches in the hallways, so I'm sure they're in the rooms as well. No good rooms he...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Candy V
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I guess the saying you get what you paid for. I stayed 3 days here. The rooms were nice, but under the furniture it hasn't be swept, the house keeper doesn't speak english, and the beds are hard as a rock. I was told the pool was heated but then front office lady said, well it may be heated or not it comes and goes with the heat. Hot tub was out of order. There was hardly no hot water in bathroom sink, showers sucked need a new shower head. Worst night was Saturday night, someone parked their truck containing 4 sheep outside the windows. I complained to management at 2 times at night. His reply was sorry but I am glad I am not in your room. He said we are pet friendly, and we don't collect car information. Due to race weekend and state fair none of other hotels were available. Oh breakfast only coffee and donuts. no OJ, no fruit or hot tea, no coffee makers in the room either.

Room Tip: Paying more money a night would be better than paying a cheap fee.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We came here for our daughters 12th birthday because it had an indoor pool and hot tub. She loves the pool and we like the hot tub (it could have stronger jets in the hot tub but it is still nice). The counter people are really nice and said they was sorry it was an older tub and the setting work on there own. I love the pool area it is really pretty. The rooms are clean and nice to, lots of room to move around. Only thing I saw that they could improve on is the outside of the wondows need cleaned badly, other than that it WAS GREAT MOTEL FOR THE PRICE.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family