“Did the Job” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Merriam, Kansas
“Did the Job”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here based on the fact that I was attending a conference down the street at the HI Express and this was a better deal. When I checked in the staff was pleasant and helpful. I got a room on the 3rd floor and when I walked in, it smelled like someone had just smoked a pack of cigarettes in the room. I went back down to the front desk and inquired about it and was immediately offered a room swap, which I took. The next room was great and I was pleasantly shocked to find NBC Sports was offered on the TV so I was able to watch the Stanley Cup Finals, bonus! Pretty standard Comfort Inn room. It was clean and quiet. The bed was too hard for me and my bad back, but that's pretty standard. The internet worked great and I was able to get my work done while staying there.

Overall the hotel was fine. It wasn't anything to ooh and awe over and it did the job. It's conveniently located close to the freeway and you are not too far from town. My fellow conference attendees all stayed at the HI Express and were not impressed at all. Plus they paid double what I paid. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Danville, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was pleasantly greeted upon check-in. The clerk was friendly and helpful. This was a mess otherwise. My wife and I stayed here Saturday night June 29. The place is not awful, but it's not good. I should have noticed the painted front door frames when I walked in. That should tell me something. Double storefront glass doors and the frames painted. Ouch.

When we got to the room, it seemed moist and musty. The heavy use of air freshener should have been a sign. We put our things down and left for some shopping in the area and dinner. When we arrived back, it was moist and musty in the room and the A/C had been running all along. So our thought that the carpets were recently cleaned was not the case. This we proved when we took showers the next morning. Bottom of feet pretty dirty. The damp and musty room made for a long night.

The toilet was loose at it's base. The elevator is slow and noisy. The pool is tiny and there is no hot tub. The fitness center is a very small room on the third floor that does not resemble a fitness center in any way.

About 10pm the girls soccer team decided it was time to run the halls. When I stepped out to see what was going on, one looked at me sheepishly and went on while a second said, "this isn't going to happen all night." To which I replied, "this needs to stop NOW." It didn't.

The front desk clerk might be a smoker as the phone was not answered when I called at 10:00, 10:08, and 10:29. We finally got to sleep.

We got up and left the next morning. I have no idea how the breakfast was since we went to Cracker Barrel down the street.

This hotel is dated. A recent review on this sight said something about nice new hotel. I'm thinking they didn't stay here.

There are several other options in the area and some that ARE new. Sorry, won't be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We met our family here for an event, so our rooms were booked here for us so we would all be together. I wish that we had booked our own room elsewhere. My Mom's room was not what we had requested for her since she has a hard time getting around. Our room was correct but I wish that I had brought some Lysol wipes to clean things with. I felt like the sink and tub could have been a lot cleaner. My sister even said that in their room the tub had mold in the corners and edges. When we talked together later, we had each said that we were not comfortable with how clean the room felt to us. .I was very glad that we only stayed one night. There is plenty of restaurants to eat at around there if you want to not eat there like we did. They do have a breakfast in the morning if you want.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hotel_Staff_Comfort_, General Manager at Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Cathy K,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay in Plainfield. I apologize that your family did not feel comfortable during their stay as our goal is to provide a good experience for all of our guests. As the General Manager I do not often hear of a cleanliness issue so I take your experience very seriously.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these issues further and inspect the specific room you and your family were in. I would also like the opportunity to change your opinion and invite you to give us another try.

Cindy Dulaney
Plainfield, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our early am flight. Parked car for a week. Asked for non smoking room. All hotels in Indiana are non smoking. However the first room smelled smoky. Requested another room. They said that this room had been complained about before. The shuttle was prompt. McDonalds next door and many more restaurants nearby. We would stay there again. Good value and location.

• Stayed May 2013
MJB60,

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that the Park and Fly option worked out so well for you. Our shuttle staff is truly top notch. I apologize that your first room had a lingering smoke smell, we do attempt to treat the rooms that we discover someone has smoked in as soon as possible.
I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again during your future travels. We would love to show off the beautiful changes we are making to our rooms

Until then Safe Travels,
Cindy Dulaney
Comfort Inn, Plainfield.
Bridgewater, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I read the reviews and expected a worn-out facility, but I think it looked just fine. I looked at the hallway walls and they were in very fine shape. The rugs might have been dark from overuse, but maybe that means many people stay there! Room was great, several fast-food places nearby along with a brewpub across the main road (closes 10pm weekdays). Close to the airport and along one of the approaches so there's some airplane noise. Friendly staff and a real hot breakfast with eggs, a rarity and welcome change from the continental breakfast. Only one computer for use and the printer wasn't working when I was there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Brooke in house keeping helped with an issue we had with our room after a long day out with family! Also Teressa was so kind to adjust our bill when we checked on a discount for veterans! All the staff very friendly we felt like we were at home!! Great breakfast and the coffee was strong just the way I like it... We stay in the area often due to family and its always great to have a nice place to be away from home!! Thanks again to all that made it very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Brook at the front desk helped us find parking for our pickup and trailer, at a near by hotel, before we even booked a room. Great place to sleep as we helped family move. Beds were very comfortable. Thank you. You went above and beyond good service.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Comfort Suites City Centre
Comfort Suites City Centre
#89 of 184 in Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 stars 258 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield? Share your experiences!