“Had a great stay, despite reviews.........” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield

Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Marshall
“Had a great stay, despite reviews.........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently stayed here 4 nights on business and could not have been any better! Despite the bad reviews, I found the room to be clean-every day, the breakfast was good, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Despite the planes coming in overhead, slept soundly all night long! Get back in Plainfield, will definitely be here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ASMTSM04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Carmel, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed herethe night of June 23, 2012 prior to a flight out the next morning. We were on a park and fly reservation. The hotel was great in every respect including the great and prompt delivery to the airport and the pick up on our return. The staff personel were kind and gracious

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My daughter and I came to Indy for the Fastpitch World Series. We checked in with the friendly front desk clerk. We walked in to our first room and it smelled damp and moldy. Because of my bad allergy to mold, I went to the front desk and asked for another room. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' another room before moving. Second room smelled ok, so we moved all of our things into the new room.
We left and came back. While I was getting ready for bed, I stepped in something wet between the bed and window. There was standing water under the carpet under the AC unit. I went down to the front desk again. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' two other rooms, but both reeked of smoke even though they have been cleaned and turned into nonsmoking rooms. I decided to stay in the room we had. Needless to say, it's now 3 am and I cannot sleep due to my allergy attack to something in the room. I have already booked a room in another hotel for the duration of our stay.
Overall, the hotel is run down. Don't use the elevator unless absolutely necessary. Going up, it makes a terrible noise and starts shaking. All five rooms I looked at were not very clean and all but the one we're in smells lolled either smoke or mold.

• Stayed July 2012
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I really found nothing good about this hotel except for its location. THee are plenty of restaurants close by. THe hotel was not good. It is in need of serious updates. My biggest complaint was the noise coming from the plumbing. I eventually was able to go to sleep by turning the fan on high and the TV up. I was later woken by a random chirp from the smoke detector. I would recommend looking at other properties in the area.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

The price was right. Breakfast was great. Room was very clean. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

very clean, quiet for being full of race fans. friendly staff, very good selection of breakfast items.

Room Tip: seems to be a very quiet hotel, not real close to interstate
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Windsor, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pulled off the road here early because of storms in the area. Desk clerk was too young and ill equipped for her job. She took forever to process people. The couple in front of us asked for nonsmoking 2nd floor. She first gave them a choice of smoking rooms, then assigned them first floor, which she noticed as she handed them the key and had to do it all over. Then she couldn't process my Choice # because it was Canadian (finally realized the letters should be dropped, just as I was about to walk out the door). Gave us one key card for a double room. Also, all of the cardio equipment was out of order. The pool had good water, but was very small. There are lots of hotels at this location. I'd choose a different one next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Comfort Suites City Centre
Comfort Suites City Centre
#89 of 184 in Indianapolis
3.5 of 5 stars 258 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield? Share your experiences!