“Very Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the last weekend in September when I was in the area for business, and it was a very good choice. The check in desk attendant was quite helpful and pleasant, and the hotel very clean and even a bit upscale in it's decor. I loved that the comfy bed was covered with a duvet with a bright, white duvet cover that was clearly clean. (Rather than the disgusting comforter that other hotels typically use that may not have been washed in who knows how long. I always pull those off the bed as soon as we arrive in our room! Hum... maybe because I'm a healthcare professional....) I found my Hampton Inn room to be quiet with only very minimal outside noise at all despite the close proximity to the airport. Since I'm used to having a sound machine on when I sleep, I did use the sound machine in the room that is a part of the clock. It could be adjusted for several different sounds. The breakfast had a good selection of items, and even though I eat gluten-free I was able to find some things to eat such as their hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and yogurt, etc. I didn't use the exercise room or pool, but they looked clean and nice. The only thing I found they could improve upon was the length of time it took for me to get hot water at the sink the night I arrived, though I was in a room at the very end of a long hall. Using the shower in the morning, I had hot water quickly. I'd definitely recommend this hotel. Clean, cheery, good service, and just right! If I even need a hotel in the area, I'll be back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in the "Family Suite" on our trip from New Jersey to Kansas. It was a great option with two young children since it was located on the 3rd floor and not next to another room.It has two separate bedrooms and a shared bath.We felt it was overpriced since you could get two separate rooms for less. Nick at the desk brought us a pack and play immediately. The room was clean and comfortable and the beds are always so soft. We used the pool and the area was clean and well appointed with towels and lounge chairs and tables. This hotel is nice because it is very accessible to the highway but not on the highway so it is quiet. The back rooms face a field. There are plenty of options for food either within walking distance or a short drive up the road. Thanks for giving us a military discount! We will be back on our next trip!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a great example of what all Hampton hotels should be. Clean, comfortable, efficient staff, and well run. Good value and solid choice if you are on the SW side of Indy (Plainfield). Only issue is the "wake-up call" you get from cargo planes arriving around 5 AM at IND. I am sure this condition depends on the wind direction/runway use.....50/50 chance this will happen....so be warned.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Hampton Inn is very accessible to I 70, 465 and the Indianapolis International Airport. The Property is always neat and clean. Have stayed at the property many years. Owner, managers and staff offer exceptional for customer service.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We traveled with a 12 month old. The crib was exceptional with soft webbed sides. Though we didn't use it the pool area was beautiful. Staying in the Plainfield Hampton Inn is a must on future trips. I can't remember for sure but this may have been the Hampton that had a vanity and sink outside the shower room and also inside the shower room. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had an event to attend at a nearby location, and was really only in the room to get ready for the event and sleep overnight. The room was clean, well-kept, and had the amenities I needed. Hotel staff were extremely friendly, and the complimentary breakfast I had the next morning met my needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

early departures of cargo flights from Indy airport will wake you up at 5:00am No sleeping in here I was exhausted after 2 mornings of early wake up calls from the aircraft passing overhead! super clean and super friendly staff!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield? Share your experiences!