“Hosting a Conference?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Plainfield
“Hosting a Conference?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

We chose this location to host a week long training. Several individuals traveled in for the event and stayed at this location and/or the accompanying Staybridge Suites. We were treated very well regarding every aspect of our stay. The hotel is extremely clean and the personnel are very friendly. We received nothing but compliments from our attendees regarding the training location and the rooms.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I live nearby, and thought we would make a date night at Chateau Thomas Winery, which offers free outdoor concerts during the summer. Rather than head back home, we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, which is literally just steps from the winery. I was interested in trying out the jacuzzi tub room, and am so glad I did! All of the rooms are similar, and the jacuzzi rooms have a separate alcove area for the tub, which is HUGE!
The rooms are very clean and inviting, and I love that they provide both soft and firm pillows (which are marked as such). The hotel also offers a free hot breakfast, along with amazing cinnamon rolls. The staff was very friendly.
My perception of a Holiday Inn, much less a Holiday Inn Express, was changed forever. I've since stayed in three other Holiday Inn Express locations, and have had a quality stay each time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

My wife and I stay at this hotel every time we have to fly out of Indy. It is quite literally within sight of the new terminal for the airport. That said, be warned that the morning takeoff rush from the airport goes directly over the hotel. I would also suggest trying to get a room on the far north end of the hotel as the roar from I-70 can be a little monotonous.
The breakfast was good, and the hotel is within walking distance of several eating establishments.
The staff is friendly, the cleaning crew does a great job, and the airport shuttle drivers are courteous and safe drivers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eyegore
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

I am staying at this hotel this evening and am writing this review from my hotel room on my laptop using the free internet service provided. I travel frequently and look primarily for a decent hotel room with decent value and excellent service. As a business traveler service means alot to me.

I Initially booked at another hotel and I was bumped to this Holiday Inn Express hotel due to overbooking or other hotel booking misfortune. Of course I was not happy to be moved to another hotel and expressed my displeasure to the staff and management. Upon arrival the staff at the Holiday Inn Express treated me well and understood my circumstances. I was treated professionally and courteously. The manager on duty, Raquel went out of her way to see that all of our needs were met. The room was clean, the ice machine (important to me) worked perfectly and it was nice to see a flat screen TV in this class of hotel. (I stay in much nicer hotels that still have 20" magnavox's).

Location is perfect for travel. I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow and the airport is just the next exit off the highway. (5 minutes)

Overall excellent experience, cannot express more gratitude to the staff and management and especially Raquel (manager on duty). We were very well taken care of and would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay near the airport in Indy.

I have already booked a room for our return trip!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed at the HIE Plainfield overnight while traveling home from vacation. The hotel is a good value for the money - the beds are comfortable, they have flat screen televisions in the rooms, and the showers are very relaxing. The staff was very nice to us as well. It is also in a great location, near several restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
marysville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

The staff was professional and friendly. The property presented well & was clean ,inside & outside. A great value for the price. Good location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
plainfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Amanda was very rude. We were told when we booked the room that a shuttle service to and from the airport at anytime. A manager told us this. When we checked in and needed a ride to the airport, Amanda was very rude and apparently annoyed that she would have to do her job. She spoke to us as if we were children because we didn't know the layout of the new airport or that they transport railroad workers on the shuttle as well. I then overheard her speaking to the shuttle service explaining how we needed a ride back from the hotel. God Forbid!
About a week later, I discovered they not only took my cash payment but charged my card as well.
Not to mention the hotel was being remodeled and there was no compensation for the inconvience.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family