“June Houston trip”

Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel on several occassions for work. The front desk staff has always been friendly. They have a lot of park and fly guest so the breakfast was open earlier than your typical HIE. It was nice to be able to have a light breakfast prior to heading to the airport for an early flight.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the Hotel are opposite of the Interstate thus a little less road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim R
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Jim, thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you were able to enjoy our early breakfast selection before heading to the airport. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My first full day here at the HIE/Plainfield I couldn't find a newspaper to read during breakfast around 8:30am. When I arrived back that evening still no paper and I asked at the front desk if they received them today. The very polite young man said they had arrived. Since I am platinum with Priority Club they said I should have received one at my door. I thought I was out of luck. That young man left the hotel and bought me the missing paper and delivered it to my door. Also they gave me a very nice gift as an apology this occured. Check in was very fast and personnel very polite. Room very clean and modern. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for more than 8 years and can't go wrong with any room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LF041958
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not receive your paper the first night of your stay. Evidently, the papers needed drastically increased after the deadline to order more that night. I'm so glad we were able to rectify the issue for you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We previously stayed at the Staybridge next door which is owned by the same group however decided to give the HI Express a try this time.

The check in was swift and our staff member was courteous and informative.
The great room area was spotlessly clean with plenty seating and a large screen tv to watch.

Our room was well appointed (could have done with the addition of a fridge) and had a seating area in addition to the bedroom part.

The complimentary breakfast was very well stocked and the lady in charge was quick to ensure tables were cleaned and available for guests. As we were there over the Indy500 weekend the hotel was busy and we thought they handled the guests numbers exceptionally well in comparison to previous hotels we have stayed in over the same weekend.

We had already made transport arrangements to the race however on check in we were asked if we needed any further race info which we thought was a nice touch.

The hotel is central for speedway, airport and many more things and benefits from several restaurants within walking distance and a good movie theatre only a 5 minute drive away.

Would happily recommend and will be our hotel of choice for further visits in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gill68
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Currently, we have two Executive Suites with the added refridgerator and microwave, however, it is in our plans to add refridgerators and microwaves to the rest of our rooms in the future. Thank you again for your review and choosing us for your lodging needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Upon registering, the two of us were offered one bottled water. The staff was just OK, nothing special. I am used to better treatment at a Holiday Inn. We appeared to be a bit of a bother. They did what they were supposed to do and that was it, not even a pleasantry or even any eye contact. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The lady in the breakfast area was wonderful! Breakfast had the "good" gravy. The other guest were great. I have no complaints, except I am whining a bit about not being treated "special", but I am part of their loyalty program...

Room Tip: Room 322 had a strange shower situation. After a few minutes (in the shower) all hot water is gone...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Karen, thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not feel you were effectively recognized for being a Priority Club member. We do offer the complimentary water among other goodies to our Priority Club members to recognize them. I would be delighted to hear any suggestions you have on how we can better recognize our loyalty members. Please call the hotel and ask for Caitie or Jennifer. I'm glad you found the breakfast and our hostess to be so enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were upgraded into a master suite for a regular room price, very nice.
Hotel looks a little dated, but very clean.
Could use some more luggage carts in the lobby.
Do not park under any trees as there are hundreds of birds nesting in them at night with the resulting mess on your car

Room Tip: Book early There was no room service
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike R
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. In regards to the birds, we are working with the Department of Natural Resources to deal with their desire to roost in our trees. We have also obtained Mikes Carwash passes until we can resolve the issue permanently. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We made our reservation based on reviews at Trip Advisor, but were very disappointed. There are a dozen or so other hotels at this same exit, and this one was the most difficult to locate. The front desk made my husband come back out to the car and have me come in to show my ID because the reservation was in my name, even though we have the same credit card number. Our air conditioner was very loud, our toilet backed up, and the coffee was lukewarm at breakfast. The bed was comfortable, and pillows adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were dissapointed with your stay. As you noted in your review, you were asked to come in and present your identification because the reservation was made under your name alone. This is a matter of safety and security. If a guest is not registered to a room, they can not be permitted access. I certainly apologize that this was frustrating for you. However, these measures are in place to protect our guests.

In regards to the air condition and toilet issues, if you would contact the hotel so that we may inquire as to which room you were in, we would like to look into the matter further. I apologize that the coffee was not as warm as you would have liked. We would certainly have heated it up or made a brand new pot for you.

We are delighted that you found your bed to be comfortable and hope that you had a good nights rest.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel was very clean. I did not have much interaction with any of the staff; never really saw any of them. The hotel was decently quiet considering it is right off of I-70 and near the airport. The breakfast was hot and delicious. The hotel is also near plenty of restaurants. This is a good hotel if you have business in Plainfield or need a place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason K

Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have pleased our guests. We hope to see you again soon!