“Will never go here”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Elkhart, Indiana
“Will never go here”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Omg! This is probably what I should say. First , the address was listed for Hardley rd and difficult to find. It was was filthy, the carpet smelled bad, shower was not working and had to be fixed, shower head was rusty and dirty, pillowcases looked as if they were removed from the bottle and spider in the bathroom. On top of this, the person at the front desk ( lady) was rude and needs some customer service training. The male attendant in the morning was wonderful. I will never stay here anymore. this was the worst place I have ever seen. Think before you go here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank beauty4651

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenville, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. First off the carpet was filthy. Dirt & grime around the edges, like it had not been cleaned properly in years. The disgusting part was that I found a dirty sock in my bed. Hmmm I guess they don't change their sheets between guests. That's just WRONG!!! Steer clear of this nasty place...

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Heather_N_Taylor
daysinn5839, General Manager at Days Inn Plainfield, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
We are sorry that your experience at the Days Inn-Plainfield did not meet your expectations. Since your stay in February, the entire housekeeping staff has been replaced or re-trained. We have implemented all new cleaning procedures and daily cleaning verification process with great success. We appreciated your business in the past and hope you would try us again in the future.
st louis mo
Reviewed February 18, 2008

the price is one of the lowest in the area - $55 per night - so I'd say I got what I paid for - am I disappointed ? not really..

the good : price is low, beds comfy, shower worked, breakfast provided - no much but better than nothing, friendly desk clerk on afternoon shift.

the bad: clean that sink drain - it smelled ! stairwells filthy, shower drains slowly, had to drag desk clerk in from smoke breaks on morning shift.

overall okay, but sense lack of employee loyaltee or enthusiam..

would I stay again ? mmmm, yea, I guess so, maybe I'll get a better room ....

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The room was absolutely filthy. The baseboards looked like they had last seen a vacuum cleaner when JFK was piloting PT boats. There were paint drops and globs from an amateurish paint job. I was afraid, very afraid, of the carpet and did not feel comfortable in the room, thinking that something wicked would come crawling on me in the middle of the night. When I told the front desk of the issues, I was moved to another non-smoking room that reeked of smoke. I then asked to have my money refunded so I could go to another motel.

I will never, ever, ever stay at this motel again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Filthy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank MarkinBaltimoreMD
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 9, 2003

Room #214 was not very clean. There were no tissues though provided when sought at office. After being ready for bed it was found there were no drinking cups. Yet the "maid" left an envelope for a tip? VERY over priced. Mrs. Avlyn Conley

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member