“Great sushi.”

Narita Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 104 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I eat here about once a week. They have fantastic sushi and maki rolls. It's never overly crowded, so easy to get a table. Service is always slow. Always. But once you make peace with that, you'll find that the quality of sushi is great there. I've never questioned the freshness of the sushi. I hear they have other things too, but I stick with dishes I like. The Philadelphia Inside-Out roll is awesome (cream cheese/salmon) and so is the Blossom Roll (Tuna/Jalapeno/Cilantro). Best part is when you get the bill. My wife and I can "pig out" for around $30 with soup and salad.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We only went there because my older son loves sushi, but I was nicely impressed with the other dishes on the menu. All of my family had wonderful food in generous portions, we had plenty of "take home"! The waitress was very cheery, polite and very attentive. We will return every time we are in Indy.

1  Thank SSGovtraveler
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Very good Yakisoba dish and Miso soup. Nice decor and good service. Very private both seating. Wi-Fi !

1  Thank Randy G
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I ended up going here because it was right across the street from my hotel. I got there right before 9:00pm and wasn't sure if they were still open and almost left. I am glad I didn't. I had the steak hibachi and it was delicious. I was a HUGE plateful of food. The only thing that could have made it better was the available sauces. There is another Hibachi place I go to that has the BEST sauce. If Narita had the same sauce, this would be the best, hands down.

1  Thank Jacob B
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was aprehensive to go as my friend said the service was not good, however, we found the service to be very good. The food was delicious, except the soup and salad (why bother, too bland and boring). We had two very fimicky worldly Sushi lovers with us and they loved it. We dont eat much Sushi, so we had the chicken and steak habachi with fried rice. Awesome! A lot of their Saki was not available, but plenty of choices. I loved the decor, very private booths. I didn't miss the usual style with the chef cooking. We had a great night.