“A+ Experience”
Review of Coachman

Coachman
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A+ Experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The quality and quantity of the food is great for the $$$$. I have ate here quite a few times the prime rib is excellent and so are the seafood dishes. Service is above standard they are very friendly. I would recommend eating here anytime.

• Visited May 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pretty good overall dining experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I read many of the reviews for The Coachman before having dinner and from those reviews it seems it is a hit or miss type place. But, as always I judge the restaurant based on my experience and not other reviews.

We had over 25 people in our group this evening and we were placed in a separate room just off the main dining area. We all ordered different items from salads to burgers to scallops to prime rib, (what I had tonight), to tenderloins.

The Coachman has a nice bar area and also outside dining area and the restaurant was pretty full this evening. They have a full menu and just about everyone should be able to find something they want on their menu.

I asked everyone around me how their dinners were and not one negative word was spoken and all were content with what they ordered. As I mentioned, I had the Prime Rib, noted as specialty for The Coachman. It was cooked just as I ordered it, had the right amount of seasoning and was tender and tasty.

The only negative was that we had only one server, (Dawn), who did an exceptional job with our large and demanding group considering the number of people we had in the room. I was one of the last people to receive their food, not the best situation, but it was a good meal and a good dining experience overall.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Alright”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very typical food, nothing to write home about I didn't like the server. Lurking around us. Food was not that tasty soup was yucky.

Visited April 2013
ontario
“third trip”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Almost a year since my last stop here. I went for dinner. Service was very good, decor is a little tired, but I already knew that. Went with the prime rib special, correct temperature, seasoned good, sides, just no my thing. Beer COLD! Cost was reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
Madera, California
“A very Nice Surprise”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We tried this restaurant for an afternoon snak, and found it to be very, very nice. Beer is cold! We had a party of 8 and the service was exceptional. The appetizers were all very good. This is easy access off of I70 and close to hotels and Chateau Thomas Winery.

Visited March 2013