“Great hotel and service - School Band Competition Trip”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Grant, Michigan
“Great hotel and service - School Band Competition Trip”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is an awesome hotel and staff! We traveled with 80 high school students, 16 chaperones, 2 bus drivers and a semi driver. The hotel also had another church group with teenagers and a wedding party there. This is a very clean hotel, the lobby with the fireplace was a great meeting place to sit and talk, great breakfast buffet provided with the room rental, very accommodating to all the groups specials needs (pizza party and extra bedding) and the friendliest front desk and breakfast cook staff I have had the pleasure of talking to in a while. Stephanie had a smile for each person she checked in or out and was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area that she provided everyone with quick accurate directions to wherever we were heading. The morning breakfast was the biggest selection of food that I have seen in any hotel. With 100 people in our group, there are bound to be people with special food needs and everyone ate with no problems. The rooms had kitchenettes in them and were fully stocked with all the utensils you would need to make life on the road as normal for your family. I will stay here with my family every time I come to Indianapolis and the band will stay here each time they come to the National Band competition. Thank you Staybridge for such excellent service! C. Ackerberg

Room Tip: Hotel is just off interstate 70 for easy access and has a lot of gas stations and restaurants within...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CAckerberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Love staybridge suites brand. Travel over hal the year so I get picky. Very clean. Beds were comfortable and convenient to airport. Breakfast was good also. Would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Bobnkatarmy
Winamac, Indiana
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our daughter was married at the nearby Avon Perennial Gardens and various family & friends traveled to the area and stayed at the hotel. The suites worked great for our different groupings, the beds were comfy & the variety of breakfast choices was super!

The staff's willingness to provide shuttle service to the Gardens for our elderly parents & family members was terrific - what a help for us. The driver was from the area, cheerful and considerate.

The hotel service really helped things go smoothly and we were grateful for this added bonus.
(The winery right next door was also a great extra feature!)

Room Tip: Discuss your needs with the front desk when booking your room to know whether a studio or full suite...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy R
Iowa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here several times in the past. This time I noticed that this property is starting to look a little bit worn compared to my previous visits. When we checked in, we went up to a room on the 4th floor and discovered that we had been assigned a room with two smaller beds rather than a king as we had requested. My husband went back down to the desk and we were assigned a new room. While I was in the original room, I looked around and noticed that the cabinets were starting to look worn, the one in the bathroom had a door that was hanging open slightly and didn't close properly, the furniture had some staining, etc. The new room we were assigned was in much better shape than the first, but it also looked a little bit more worn than I remembered from our previous visits.

The parking lot does not seem to be large enough when this property is full. On Saturday night there were no spots available in the lot for us to park. We inquired with the front desk about where we should park and we were told to park at the holiday inn next door. That lot was very full as well and we ended up parking at the very far side of that lot. They definitely need more parking.

I travel with my small dog and I appreciate the very pet friendly policy at this property. The pet fee was only $25 for the stay.

We stayed on the 4th floor this time and our room was very quiet (no noise from outside or other rooms). I found the bed to be comfortable and we slept well.

I will still choose this property next time I am visiting family in Plainfield, but I do hope that updates are on the management's radar for the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EcoDog
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip and had a wonderful experience. I have a high standard during personal and business travel so I was hoping this would be a great experience during my first trip to this area.
It was a great experience from the front desk to the room cleanliness/comfort/and quiet.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area and I look forward to staying here on my next return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris B
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Three years ago I rated this Staybridge Suites as the best stay on my cross country trip.
This time it was my worst due to the customer service response that we received with
a problem that came up and how it was handled.
I asked how the same situation could be avoided with our reservation on our return trip (across country) and the young lady said she couldn't do anything. So we canceled our return reservation. The lady seem to have cared less.
The hotel itself is beautiful, clean , comfortable with a great breakfast.
The gentleman the next morning that checked us out, did offer to give us a 15percent discount on our return trip if we wanted to rebook, but I was too upset to stay there again.
I did appreciate his compassion and understanding though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank M200789
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear M200789,

Thank you for your feedback and choosing us again. It's nice to know that you found our hotel beautiful, clean and comfortable. I am also happy that you liked our breakfast. Please allow me to apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service you have experience by our front desk personnel. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've stayed at the Staybridge Suites several times before an early morning flight! The rooms are nice, the beds comfy and the hotel is clean. There is a lovely outside area, but if you go during summer and stay on a Friday night, The Thomas Winery next door has Friday night concerts on their lawn. You can walk out the front door of the hotel, go next door, grab a nice glass of wine and enjoy! Be ready, there is a crowd, but it is very enjoyable. the winee room is open for tastings all year long. Plenty of restaurants close by. The shuttle service to and from the airport is great!

Room Tip: We've found every room to be fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank nanatbrdg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
#2 of 182 in Indianapolis
Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport? Share your experiences!