“Nice hotel, walking distance to winery”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice hotel, walking distance to winery”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've stayed at the Staybridge Suites several times before an early morning flight! The rooms are nice, the beds comfy and the hotel is clean. There is a lovely outside area, but if you go during summer and stay on a Friday night, The Thomas Winery next door has Friday night concerts on their lawn. You can walk out the front door of the hotel, go next door, grab a nice glass of wine and enjoy! Be ready, there is a crowd, but it is very enjoyable. the winee room is open for tastings all year long. Plenty of restaurants close by. The shuttle service to and from the airport is great!

Room Tip: We've found every room to be fine.
4 Thank nanatbrdg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed September 15, 2012

In the past, I have heard some terrible stories from those that have stayed in the Plainfield area either before or after a flight from Indianapolis International Airport. I guess that not many of the hotels/motels in this area are owned/managed or run by American Owners.

I am happy to say that my check-in this evening with Lacie was a piece of cake. She was efficient, personable, and exceeded my expectations. I found my Suite to be spacious, clean, and welcoming.

My wife and I will be flying out early in the morning. Lacie told us that Breakfast was at 7AM on Saturday and Sunday. When I told her that we needed to take the 6AM shuttle, she volunteered that Coffee, Bagels, and Fruits would be available for us in the morning. She furthered offered Yogurt if we so desired.

If you tried another Plainfield Airport Hotel and had a bad experience, then do try Staybridge Suites. You will be pleasantly surprised.

David D.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DavidD333
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Picked this hotel as almost all places in Indianapolis were booked.

While advertised differently, this is a motel in a tiny town, and its on the highway. There are several places around and a lot of dining options.

Rooms are large, and a good configuration of a room and sitting room setup. Clean, good breakfast and snacks options, and 24 hour coffee.

Front desk staff are very helpful and friendly.

Good value, for an overnight stay.

I would stay there again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MikeyR
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 9, 2012

5th year in a row for us. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Rooms, Staff, Breakfast- A++++

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SSGovtraveler
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2012

this was a short R&R trip. I am extremely particular about cleaniness so I did a lot of research on hotels. this hotel was super clean and the staff was great. the kitchen was fully equipped it even had wine glasses, I was happy because I forgot mine at home.the breakfast was like none other, it had everything. the pool and outdoor patio area was really nice and we enjoyed that.the staff was very freindly and Dan the day manager was great, after chatting with him a while we decided to stay an extra night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karendb99
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a family reunion here and we could not asked for a better place. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and attended by Irene and she make us all feel like family. She did a great job and we had everything we needed. The rooms were great with having a kitchen with a full size fridge made things easier and a little cheaper for meals. They also had gas grills out by the pool so we were able to have a picnic. The staff was very helpful and Jennifer the group sales person made sure that we had a successful reunion. We had family traveling from Cincinnate and Chicago so this was central to all. Shopping was close (Metropolis Mall) as well as Krogers and Marsh groceries. everything we needed was within 5 miles.

Room Tip: This place also is within walking distance to a winery. If you are looking for a place to get away...
2 Thank Carole F
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were looking for a room for an overnight stay for our 13 year old's birthday and a few of her friends. I first called Holiday in express and the lady transferred me to Staybridge Suites because she said they would have exactly what I was looking for. I had never heard of Staybridge before so I was a bit skeptical. A lady named Stephanie took my reservation and was very kind on the phone. She actually made me feel welcome to stay and I was happy I made the reservation. The room was very affordable and they did have the two bed bedroom separate from the living area I was wanting.

When we checked in a young lady named Lacy was working. She made us feel so welcome and every time we needed anything she never hesitated to get it. Even when I asked for towels for 7 girls she came back with 14 :) I wish I could tell her thank you again. She was a wonderful part of our stay and really made it easy on me.

Staybridge itself was very nice and very clean. It had an outdoor grilling area that was handy when we came in late from shopping at the Metropolis mall. I thought that was so nice. It really made it feel like I was at home. The hotel also had board games, books, a dvd library, and a nice lounge for us to use.
I also noticed that the Chateau Thomas Winery was next door. Staybridge offers a Girlfriend getaway that includes a $10 gift certificate for the winery. I am already planning for one :)

When we checked out Jennifer Smith and another gentleman (the manager?) chatted up the girls and gave them each a treat for the party. The girls said they felt special when they left and I would have to say me and my husband did, too.

I wont have to search for another hotel. I know where we are always going from now on. It's the little things the staff did to go out of their way that made our stay wonderful. Thank you!

Room Tip: All I did was tell them what I wanted and they really found us the perfect room.
4 Thank Jamie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
#2 of 182 in Indianapolis
Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport? Share your experiences!