“Friendly, helpful, clean, convenient”

Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Girls volleyball team , 13 year olds, parents and coaches, all had a pleasant stay. Kathy at front desk was very helpful. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Pool and exercise room was clean. Nice morning hot breakfast.

Hotel was booked and did not allow for enough parking in their lot.

• Stayed: February 2012
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Front desk person was on a cell phone during check in and check out. Hel-LO! Put the person on hold as I'm standing right in front of you.

This is the first hotel I've been to in years where the bill is not slipped under the door to your room so it's there in the morning. Not liking it! He said he had to verify that I watched a movie, because he's had people claim they never watched it and the charge should not be on their bill.

Bathroom had shampoo but no conditioner. Sink overflow holes were cruddy.

Queen bed, one nightstand with phone and radio, but no reading light on that side. The other side of the bed had one of those cheesy combo lamp/round glass table things.

I ate breakfast just the first morning. It featured stale danish, lukewarm potatoes and funky-looking round egg patties. OJ, yogurt and coffee were OK. Other hotels offer fresh fruit.

Voices drifted up from the lobby at 1 AM, waking me up. Then, around 3 AM, somebody was pounding heavily on the front doors, three different times. W.T.F? Wasn't any staff down there to let someone in, or what?

I'm here a few times a year on business. This was my first time at a Wingate... and my last, at least at this one. I'll stay elsewhere next time I'm in town.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LCHS
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel unless you want to wake up to ants crawling on you, black pubic hair in your sheets, and a harassing manager. The owner of this hotel is a dirty creep that doesn't speak English, or shower. No one is ever at the hotel, so god forbid something happens to you while staying at this hotel- you're on your own, literally, not one employee. Not even a maid. And getting a van ride? Forget it. Theyre either 20 min late, or "claim" you never scheduled one. The owner is a pathetic excuse for a man, and shouldn't be allowed to operate a hotel because HE IS NEVER AT THE HOTEL, and no one is safe or cared for. Don't stay here, you will severely regret it....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank F F
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time on December 30th, 2011. It will be the last. First, when we arrived, there was nobody there. I mean nobody. Not a soul behind the desk. Nobody in the lobby. Not a sound. After waiting five minutes or so, I called "0" as instructed on the house telephone and a person picked up and said he would "be right there." About five minutes later, a man showed up and cross-examined me about the rate I received. Finally, I agreed to pay an additional $15 to park the car for the week despite the fact that I had made the rental rate quoted conditional on being able to park free for a week (the web site says up to 14 days, but I guess that's only with a higher rate than the one I got with an AARP rate).

More problematic, however, is that we were supposed to get the 6:00 am shuttle for our flight the next day, but the woman showed up a little after 6 and told us we would "have to wait because I need to make coffee." Apparently, the morning shuttle person is double-tasked with having to get the continental breakfast ready for guests. We left almost 15 minutes late, which turned out not to have been a problem since the airport was not that busy, but certainly could have been.

When my wife returned, she had the same experience that others have had. Apparently, there is more than one Wingate near the hotel, so when she tried to get in the Wingate shuttle at the hotel, she was yelled at by a gentleman whom she was unable to understand. She found it amusing and finally figured out he was telling her to wait for another Wingate shuttle. The woman who finally did pick her up was quite nice and commiserated with her about the behavior of the other driver.

In short, this will be our last experience with this hotel. Management needs to make some changes, if anyone can find them.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Diogeron
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This hotel was billed as a 3-star hotel on all of the main booking sites, but it definitely is NOT. The customer service was terrible - it seemed like every time we passed the front desk there was no one there. It took 15 minutes for someone to show up just to check us in, and this was at 4pm - not exactly non-peak check-in time! When we got to the room, we noticed that the carpet outside the bathroom was soaking wet and there was a musty smell in the room. After a bit of thinking about that, we realized that the toilet must have overflowed onto the carpet and they didn't clean it up sufficiently. This room should never have been sold for the night! Very bad experience and we would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bret G
Reviewed December 2, 2011

When we rolled in late at night things seemed nice enough. By light of day.. Ewwwww (as my kids would say). With sleep still in my eyes I pulled back the shower curtain to turn on the shower and found what looked like.. well.. maybe it should be in the toilet. With stomach churning I went to the front desk and reported the issue. The desk person had to call the manager..who was not.on premises and 15 min later a guy in cut off shorts showed up and wanted to see the tub. He looked.. took a washcloth off the rack.. climbed into the tub with his shoes on and scrubbed the offending mess. He said that it wasn't what it looked like and was "just rust stains". I asked that he please change my room and he said that he couldn't because his manager would be mad at him. Happily .. the person at the desk said she spoke with the manager who approved the room change. So I changed rooms.

If that were it.. it'd b enough not to recommend this place.. bit add no house keeping.. no one except desk personnel to run the shuttle (the hotel was empty of any staff at all most of the time).. spoiled food at the breakfast.. a awful smell just about everywhere .. well I could go on.. but I think u get it. Stay away!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank avatartv
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We booked two queen beds and were given two doubles.
There were cigarrette burns on the bathroom sink and the tub was stained and filfthy.
The hallway smelled like incense.
The breakfast (which was supposed to be hot - i.e. eggs, hashbrowns etc) was ice cold.
The hot tub was pretty cold.
About the only redeeming factor was they did replace towels and shampoos etc every night.
I would rather stay at the Super 8 next time.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends