“Not a good example of Homewood”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, TX
“Not a good example of Homewood”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stay in Homewood suites often, and have stayed with all in the Indy area so my perspective is there. This Hotel is a poor example of a homewood but I will hit the highlights first that the location is great and free shuttle to the airport is helpful (though most people staying around here probably have rental cars). The food quality and availability seemed good as well and they always had coffee.

The bad, the hotel walls are paper thin and for the first time in maybe 200+ nights stays at hotels, I checkout early due to the noise levels from neighbors and outside. Further, the Hotel is a bit run down with scratch marks etc on the doors and needs an update (including some insulation in the walls, floors, ceiling). The noise is particularly concerning given that this is an extended stay hotel which could have children and families.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joey S
rodneybarta, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I was pleased that you found our food quality to be good. We do everything we can in order to surpass our guest’s expectations. However, I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you; particularly the disruptive noises you experienced.

While our hotel was built with insulation in all interior and exterior walls, I understand that your sleep is very valuable to you. I truly apologize that you did not rest comfortably. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
olathe, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

i stay at a lot of Hilton property this by far has been the worst one of all time. Dirty,dust,and just ran down suites. Pans were not all in the room . My wife went to get coffee at the end of breakfest and the lady took in away and said it was over and could not get anymore. The sign on the door says free coffee 24 hrs a day, but not here its gone with the food.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Michael C
rodneybarta, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with us and that you found your room to be unclean. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met and will keep you review in mind. I sincerely apologize for this; however I especially wanted to take this opportunity to apologize if one of our staff members was rude toward your wife while she was getting coffee. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us and I will personally speak to our staff so that this does not occur again.

Once again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Homewood Suites are always a favorite with us because we like all the extra amenities - full kitchen, separate living area with full length sofa and chair, having two televisions when traveling with kids, etc. This hotel did not disappoint. The check in/out was a breeze and the room was very clean. They offered a breakfast with the stay and if anything I would say the quality varied a great deal. The weekend was great but weekday breakfast sparse. Didn't matter - we had a kitchen and brought our own food. The beds were comfortable but the sofa was older and not comfortable. Technology was great and having free internet was fantastic. Having two separate TVs is great when traveling with the children. We have stayed at every hotel in Plainfield over the years in our regular travels to the area and this is the hotel we like the best. We feel you can never go too wrong with a Homewood Suites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Brighton, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Guests smoking in the hotel were the biggest problem. The hotel itself is very nice, rooms are spacious, but the smoke from neighboring rooms crept in through the vents and made it an unpleasant stay.

1 Thank Kathryn N
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your hotel was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor of smoke. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, as per the Indiana state law. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Always love my stays at Homewood Suites.. Try to stay at one wherever I go...Love the pillow top beds.. locations are always convenient.. staff is always helpful..Thank Young for making my stay a Home away from Home kind of stay....

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We selected this hotel for an overnight on a road trip; knowing that we were going to be departing around 11 the next morning we wanted a place with some room. There was plenty of that, including full kitchen facilities, even a dishwasher and a supply of detergent. Despite being on the top floor and the hotel's proximity to the airport it wasn't that noisy. We did hear road noise on the highway but even when we opened a window to cool the room down a little it wasn't that bad, although it did make us realize how much the windows did to shut out sound. Curtains were very effective at shutting out the morning light.

I used both the pool and the fitness center. The pool is smaller than it looks in the pictures but I had it to myself and got a good workout. Fitness center had a treadmill and an elliptical trainer and a few weights, but the equipment was new and included built-in TVs. You'll need to bring earbuds- they're not made to just broadcast into the room.

One quirk with the TV- it took us awhile paging through menus of pay-per-view items to finally find the menu item we wanted- "Watch TV".

The hotel is in an area with similar hotels and chain restaurants such as Cracker Barrel and McDonald's. They offer items to eat for sale in the lobby and there are additional possibilities in the convenience stores at the nearby gas stations. We missed the evening Manager's Reception- arrived at 7:05, 5 minutes after it was over!

Breakfast was the usual items- hot items included waffles (make your own), hockey-puck eggs, potato pancakes and sausages.

Definitely a good choice for a leisurely overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AThena53
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent suites, rooms were large and felt like being at home. I would not only stay here again I would recommend the Homewood suites for both business and personal. The only suggestion is I wish they had bacon on the breakfast menu.