“Room was OK, a bit drafty, and cleaning staff had munchies”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I would have rated this place higher had I not experienced a problem with the cleaning staff.

First, the good: The rooms are well-kept and clean. The building is still nice and modern-looking, and the front desk staff were helpful. The bed was comfortable enough for the quality of hotel.

The average: The internet is tolerable. Good for loading web pages, not much else. Sometimes it was easier to hop onto the free WiFi from the Quality Inn, which has a surprisingly robust signal. La Quinta should look into either a larger bandwidth pipe, or a better bandwidth balancer on their network. Standard-def channels on HDTVs are a pet peeve of mine. It's 2014, these are two areas hotels at all budget levels need to invest in.

The bad: Granted, the week I was here saw temps struggle to get over 10°F during the day, and some strong winds at night, but the room heater (set to 74°) struggled to keep the room above 67° and there was a constant, frigid draft coming through when the heater wasn't actively heating.

The intolerable: When packing my suitcase the night before leaving, I was rather annoyed to find that a bag of Cheetos I had purchased earlier in the week (and had left in the shopping bag by the desk) had not only been opened and emptied, but carefully fluffed out and placed back in the shopping bag upside-down as to make it appear they were still unopened. Look, I don't know if the cleaning staff aren't paid enough to afford snack food, or if they smoke a little pot to make the job bearable and suddenly get the munchies... I really don't care, it was a bag of Cheetos, after all... but it's little things like this that make me have to stop and carefully inventory everything I have to make sure nothing else was taken. This really tarnishes the hotel's reputation and could affect wether I stay at another La Quinta again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dirtyblueshirt
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I want you to know that i tak the quality of service very seriously. I apologize for the issues you encountered while at the hotel. If you have the time, could you please contact me at lq6375gm@laquinta.com to further discuss the problems you have encountered. Thank you again for your review and I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently stayed at this property expecting the generic, "thanks for your money, check out is at noon" type of service, but I was overwhelmingly wrong!! Matt, the front desk man greeted us friendily and graciously and even let us check in early! He even personally brought us towels when we needed more. We had an early flight so the 24 hr shuttle was a great feature. Overall A++ hotel. We will be back for the ncaa and 500 festivities for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for matt
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We really appreciate your time and look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice Laquinta. Great if you are flying out of Indy airport. Stay overnight, park n fly.Shuttle runs on the half hours 24 hours a day. Pretty typical breakfast fare. Decor is right in line with most Laquinta's. Dont think you can go wrong with staying the night before you fly. Beds comfy.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mark d
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us and use our shuttle service. We are glad you were pleased with our accomodations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had to call the 800 number for last minute reservations. They directed us to this hotel as being the closest to our route. Jacob was at the front desk, with a smile, and a wonderful suggestion for dinner (El Meson) which was delicious. The room was clean, the pool heated, the hot tub clean and hot. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again!!! Thank you La Quinta!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review. I have shared your comments with Jacob, and he joins me in thanking you for your kind words. We hope to see you next time your in town.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Absolutely love this location. My family stays at this location each year and we are never disappointed. We appreciate the pet friendly hotel which allows it to feel like home. We LOVE the hot tub and pool - ideal for a weekend get away to forget about stress!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Jonathan S
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review! I shared your comments with the staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

On our way home from a road trip, we stayed a night at the LQ in Plainsfield, Ind. This is a sparkling clean, fairly new facility. They have a workout room, hot breakfast, very large rooms at the usual reasonable price. Two dogs traveling with us and there is a large field behind the hotel to give them room to run. A number of eating establishments are within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us, and thank you so much for your review. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations next time your in town!

A La Quinta traveler