La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We drove to plainfield to visit with friends my husband use to work with, tried a couple different motels all full due to Duke Energy having their rodeo this week end. Never staying in a La Quinta before we were worried. Once inside we were greeted by a young gentleman very friendly and willing to help. Luckily they had a King room available and we even were given a discount. It is a very clean Motel and everyone was so helpful with answering any questions we had. Being in our 60's we are not real adventure, just happy enjoying the scenery and speaking with different people. My husband is a people person and will start a conversation with you if he can. Anyway, our room was very clean and overall very large room. They also have a breakfast buffet, which we didn't take advantage of because we were wanting to get on the road. They also have a nice large inside pool and workout room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am glad you were able to find a room at the La Quinta during such a busy time. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and rating. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accomodations and service on future visits.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We use La Quitas frequently and find a wide difference between the great ones and the bad ones. This hotel is fairly new and we have stayed there several times. Rooms are nice, comfortable and roomy. The breakfast is better the average LQ. Our previous stays here were always perfect. This stay was a little disapporting. The shower/tub cleanliness was not quite up to par and to be a newer LQ the hallway carpets, elevator floor and tile floors leading to the fitness center and pool were dirty and spotted. A little effort from house keeping and this would be a great LQ. Still I rate this hotel a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a little less street noise. However, after about 9:00 pm things are generally qu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. I will certainly bring this matter to the attention of my staff; we will see that it does not happen again. Please email me directly at lq6375gm@laquinta.com, if I can assist you further.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our room was much more than we expected for the low price we paid. It had a very spacious bathroom, sitting area with flat screen tv, and huge "master bedroom" with king size bed and flat screen tv. We arrived and checked in within minutes of the pool being closed. We had asked the staff about it and they were kind enough to let my husband and I in to soak in the pool/hot tub for a bit after a long drive in. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculate. Breakfast the next morning was nice. Very nice place for low cost. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the hotel and your room. We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations next time you are in town!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fairly new hotel, easy to find, easy access to I-70 at Hwy. 267 in southwest suburban Indianapolis. The hotel is located in a complex with several other hotel properties. Very nice and helpful staff, both at check-in and check-out. Clean room, safe environment. I paid a little more for the room for one night than I would prefer but I was very pleased with the hotel overall. They have a computer available with a printer if needed. Completely adequate continental-style breakfast with many selections for most tastes. There are several chain restaurants in the same complex with the hotel where there is also Chateau Thomas winery store and tasting room as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the great review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and local winery. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We are veterans of La Quintas.

I do a cross country road-trip every year with my family to visit our family across the country. We depend on PROMISED DELIVERY OF GOOD, AND RELIABLE SERVICE.

LQ's recent rebranding has been pleasant, but reeks of 'obviously we tried to polish turds in some locations'.

No, I wouldn't say that this location was THAT bad. However, I will say this as follows:

When I decide to rent a suite for a night, I expect that everything within it works. Not all "La Quinta Inn Suites" are two rooms in one. This one was. The bedroom's air conditioner use it was a standard commercial Amana unit but remotely controlled with a wall thermostat. Their's did not work. It did not power cycle. It did not even recieve power. The front desk attendant, "Jacob" was nice enough to bring a box fan upstairs for us. While we appreciate Jacob's efforts, I didn't pay for a box fan to run and keep me awake all night. We also had two lights not working in the rooms that night.

I also enjoy a glass or two of whisky at night after drivine 12-14 hrs a day. The ice machine on both the 3rd (floor we were on) and the 2nd floors were non operational.

LQ Plainfield, I pay for convienience. I am a veteran of luxury hotels. (Waldorf, Ritz, Sofitel, etc). I know what I'm getting myself into when I go to a run of the mill road-tel. But these conveniences you have fell short on, your local motel 6 or super 8 would have gotten right.

There is a good chance will not be staying here again. It challenged my energy levels through the next days drive and put my family's safety in minor jeopardy.

Room Tip: Alert the cadre here of my review. Make them assure you that everything in the room works (AC, ligh...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding the room you stayed in during your trip. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. All issues with your room have been fixed and are working now. Please come back and give us another try, because we are working hard to make sure this does not happen again. Feel free to contact me directly at lq6375gm@laquinta.com if I can be of any more assistance.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Always very clean when we stay here every year for this race. A small mix up with the room as we didn't receive a sleeper sofa like the La Quinta website offered, however, Jacob made up for this. He delivered a roll-a-way bed himself and offered to take $30 off during our stay which was very good customer service. The facilities and pool are very good and the location is great. We will continue to stay here as long as there is a racetrack in Indianapolis! Which will probably be forever.

Room Tip: I enjoy the higher floor rooms just for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize your room was not as you requested. Thankfully jacob was able to accomodate your needs. We look forward to seeing you again next year.