“Emergency trip”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Plainfield
A TripAdvisor Member
Mason, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at my first La Quinta Inn due to the fact that they allow small dogs. My dog needed surgery on his leg so we stayed at the Plainfield La Quinta for two days and nights on our way south. The room was very large, nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable and it was nice being able to take our Beagle with us and not pay exorbitant prices and fees for just having our dog along. I liked this La Quinta so much I stayed at another one in Mason, Ohio and had the same experience, very good.
I am a platinum Priority Club member and Gold member of Hilton Honors, and I liked the Plainfield and Mason experience so well that I took out a La Quinta "returns" point card. I plan on staying at more La Quinta's due to their hospitality during our crisis.
Thank You La Quinta!
Mark and Linda Williamson

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LQPlainfield, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Williamson,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor. We are thankful we could be of help to you during your emergency. We hope to see you again next time your in town.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went on business at this location back in August 2011. At the time, the place was new, the service was great, it was quite cost-effective, and the people were friendly. I simply enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jdemont1

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the feedback and will continue working hard to make your next stay perfect.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

very nice hotel clean rooms and very nice beds easy acess to get to and from interstate. Diffrent places and virety of places to eat. close access to airport easy to get to.
refige in room nice size tv and yes a coffie maker

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael C

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor. We appreciate any feedback we get and will work hard to make your next stay just as enjoyable.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

First off, I am a big fan of La Quinta and have stayed at many with great experiences. But this one..We had a king size bed room. The bed was fine, alittle firm but ok. BUT the pillows. 5 tiny pillows on a king size bed. They have to be constantly readjusted during the night. Did not sleep well if at all! In the morning I had a very sore arm and shoulder.
I dont know if there is something in the air but we were gasping for air and had to leave early for fresh air.
Wont stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issues you encountered while staying here. We are working hard to make sure these problems do not happen again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RetiredNow07

Reviewed September 23, 2012

It has taken me some time to settle down after a visit to this hotel. It depends who you ask what sort of answer you get from the staff. We visited Labor Day weekend as we were celebrating family birthdays. I was unable to book online but called and they advised they ad 1 room left for Sunday evening so I took it. needless to say for a 2 queen room which they termed a suite it cost me over $175.00.

When you enter the lobby it is very cold and plain. Not warm or inviting as most lobby areas are anymore. Straight ahead is the breakfast area which we did not get to partake of on Monday morning as the staff advised us on check in that since it was a holiday (Labor Day) that it would be available until 10:00 AM. When we arrived at approximately 9:15 there was not a crumb on the counter and juice and everything was locked up. HOWEVER, hostess was in the back preparation area cleaning out a pan of scrambled eggs onto a plate. A minute or so later one of the cleaning ladies when into the prep area and started picking up eggs off the plate and eating them with her fingers. The hostess then wrapped up the huge mound of eggs on the plate in plastic wrap and then the cleaning lady picked it up and took it back to her area. The hostess told her to be sure and share with the rest.

I did receive an email from Corporate asking me to fill out a survey which I truthfully did. I then received a note from the manager saying that my comments would be shared with the staff and that he hoped that we would visit them again. Not a chance in this lifetime!

One good thing is that we discovered Hot Box Pizza. They have wonderful pizza and breadsticks and they deliver fairly quickly!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are working hard to make sure these problems do not happen again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room smelled bad and was not very clean. The pool had way too much chlorine in it, my eyes were burning just from sitting and watching the kids swim. I will not be staying here next time we are in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the hotel. We are working hard to make sure these problems are fixed.