“Not Great”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Not Great”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The food was average to poor,they were out of fries, sprite and crackers. Just not a great experience.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
camby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Black Swan -0 Wanting More”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

On our way back from having another wonderful foster dog be placed with the perfect home, we stopped to have lunch on Saturday, march 8 2014. This was our second time to have our meal here.
We were seated as soon as we entered. The entry service was very casual but lax.
Very friendly server. Food was amazing.

We had Carnitas Torta and the Brew Pub Burger. The selection of brews seem very good. We each a different one and were pleased with each.

The Burger was cooked medium as requested… Exquisite!

Only two troubling things; it took three request to get a condiment for a sandwich and during this time our beer glasses went empty with no acknowledgement of it.

The later saved us a few dollars since we had planned on trying another.

Again food was good and bought to us in a timely manner.

Overall, we will return because we are certain this was a fluke.

• Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A real gem!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Plainfield during a cross country move from AZ to VA and decided to eat at this brewpub. We are beer lovers and always like checking out local breweries. This place seems like a hidden gem in Plainfield. It wasn't busy when we went for dinner on a Thursday evening and it was a pretty small restaurant. All the beer is brewed by Black Swan with a couple of "guest" brews. We got a tasting tray with all the beers and really enjoyed them. The food was also really good. Based on other reviews, I don't know if I was just starving or what, but I thought it was great, and I'm a pretty picky eater. They had a decent selection but we like to go for the good ol burger and fries. The goat cheese appetizers was excellent! The burger was cooked perfectly and DELICIOUS with the garlic aioli sauce. I got fries that were tossed in truffle oil and parmesan served with bacon aioli sauce and they were the best fries I have had, I think, ever! They have a number of "tosses" you can choose for your fries and corresponding aioli sauces. I thought they were original with their menu and everything we got was delicious. Highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Hmmm in between good and average”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I needed something to eat and semi quickly. I asked the hotel staff if this restaurant was food and I've got mixed reviews.

I was so hungry that I decided to go there mostly because I can do take out. It was a short walk and the place seemed a little empty (but then again it was just 2pm).

The hostess was very nice and immediately took my order. The Reuben took approx 10 to15 minutes. I decided to stick with fries with sea salt and sun fried tomato dip.

When I got to the hotel the sandwich was awesome!!!!! Very filling and at one point thought about using a fork and knife. The fries were drenched in sea salt. Goodness gracious- I rubbed them together to take some of them off but it was way too much. I had to leave them. The sun dried tomato was good though.

If I had more time, I would definitely dine at the restaurant and hopefully have one of the local beers which they looked good on the menu.

I'll try it again but will stay away from the sea salt fries- drank tons of water from the few I had.

Indianapolis
“Great beer, food lacking”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Black Swan has a great selection of reasonably priced beer and very reasonably priced flights of beer for sampling. Their food used to be exceptional but this past year they have been scaling back on their menu so they now have many fewer options. We are members of their beer club so we try to go whenever they have a new tapping but now we may just stay long enough for an appetizer. Also, consistent with many Indiana restaurants, smoking is allowed in the outdoor seating.

• Visited December 2013