“Bargain Semi-Luxury”

Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel staff promptly send their van to pick you up at the Indianapolis airport. They greet you with a smile, accurate reservations and a nice, clean and spacious room. The hotel is near several places to walk to for dining. The Internet is free and a nice breakfast before you leave.

1  Thank BTPI
BWAtreaManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that our staff and accommodations met your standards and hope that we can see you again next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hopefully this is the setting for other Best Western hotels. This hotel is nicer than most hotels in Chicago! Outstanding service, the cleanest hotel I have been in this year. Anytime I pass through here in the future I will be staying here.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

What do we all want from a hotel, cleanliness, hospitality and for everything to work. Don't let the Best Western name fool you, this is a great place to stay. The hotel is three years old and the staff has keep it in great shape. The room/bathrrom, hallways, elevator, and other common areas were all clean. The greeting we received from Lori was like we arrived to friends house. She is awesome and genuinely wanted to make sure we were taken care of. The rooms have marble bathroom sinks, marble mini kitchen area with frig, sink, microwave. We were in a double queen and there was a lot of room to move around. I travel 50% of the time for work and this is the first time I have stayed at a Best Western. The Best Western Plainfield, Indiana beats most other hotels and at 1/2 or 1/3 the price. Great job to Lori and the entire staff. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll have 100% occupancy every night. Thanks for welcoming us and having stay at "your home".

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I found this hotel to be a high end, with special amenities that others lack. They offer a pool, exercise room and convenience all wrapped up in one. A full hot breakfast was offered in plenty of time for me to catch a plane. The staff made sure I had a ride to and from the airport even though the hotel shuttle was not available. They called a taxi at no cost to me. The staff was
helpful and friendly and saw to my every need. The next time I have to go to Plainfield and need a place to stay, it will be there.

Room Tip: I have a slight disability and the room offered on the first floor met all of my needs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed here now five times over the past 2 years. Hotel isn't as busy as the others in the area according to the staff - this allows for the staff to engage the customers.

Hotel itself: Semi new - I believe it's about four years old. The usual wear and tear, but in some areas it shows more than others. The public areas were clean, except for the elevator which smelled of urine (no reason to complain). One issue was the presence of wrappers and other small pieces of garbage in the parking lot. The exterior lighting could be improved to provide a more secure atmosphere when going out to your car. The cheap hallway and public area lighting doesn't look right. You need spot not flood lights - it just makes the beautiful public space look cheap.

Pool & Hot Tub: Pool area was clean with no odors or trash. The water was slightly murky, maybe a chemical imbalance (easy fix). On my most recent stay, they closed the hot tub with wood decking board (interesting - you won't notice until you see the depth markers on the deck). I never use hotel pools, a big petri dish in my opinion. Exercise facility was adequate and got a quick work out in.

Rooms: They were clean and spotless (very important to me). I always check for bed bugs and the rooms I had didn't have any. The furniture had a lot of nicks and gauges around the edges, made it felt cheap. Bathroom was spotless and had adequate amount of towels. Now the HVAC (or known as PTAC unit) had an energy management feature installed. So without movement our room was not comfortable. We turned the temp really down and by morning our room had warmed up again. The sheets were clean and changed, but very wrinkled. I walked down to the front desk and asked for an extra sheet to compare, and it was the same. Room was vacuumed in the main areas, but the edges of the room had dust (not important, just pointing it out).

Free Internet: Bandwidth was good until I assume everyone started streaming movies. At that point it came to a crawl. Speed tests confirmed this. I had to switch over to my cellular data. Not a problem they can control, unless they overhaul their backend equipment.

Staff: Great staff, very talkative and engaging. This is important to me because they made me feel like I was welcomed and they actually remembered us from the previous stay. The staff could look more professional with different uniforms, not the staff's fault but management. They even offered us coupons for a drink at the lobby bar. They try very hard and it shows.

The bottom line is this a great hotel in an area with a lot of choices (every brand is represented in this area). Best Western International has a mixed bag of hotels, but this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Try getting a room that doesn't face the interstate, this side of the hotel is on the final appr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed there for two nights and the hotel was great! Nice rooms and atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. Lori was very helpful and makes a mean cocktail. Would highly recommend staying if your in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was not sure how the hotel was going to be before I arrived. When I got there I was very happy to see the condition of the hotel and the staff went out of their way with excellent service. Lori was behind the desk when I got there and made me feel welcome. One of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. The decore was a perfect modern experience. Can't say enough about Lori and it seemed she was there just for me. Thanks, Steve

Room Tip: I had the king bed on the 4th floor, perfect for one or two. The room was very large.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business