“gross...problems...no manager next morning to talk to”

Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed march 12th,2011. We drove from Nashville, TN arrived very tired and dropped our luggage in our room. We were visiting our grandchildren in the area. At 11pm we returned to our room very very tired. I pulled the sheets back to find they had never been changed since the last guest!!!! gross!!! there was clumps of hair all over the sheets!!!!!!! listen..not just a hair, a bunch. Also, the small strip of material over the foot of the bed we took off and the comforter had a large brown or red stain...not really sure what bodily fluid that was. My husband called the desk and the girl was very very nice and came up to look at the bed and change our room. She apologized and put us down the hall in a suite. I just wanted a clean bed and clean room. At that point I was so grossed out I could hardly think about sleeping. We settled in only to find out the heat would not work..and it's quite chilly in Indy in March. so slept with my sweatshirt hoodie on to keep warm. This place looks fabulous but looks can be deceiving.!!!!!!!!!
My husband asked to speak to a manager the next morning upon check out and the man said he wouldnt be there until monday. I told him we had no heat in our room and his reply was ..."hummm!"

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thenuge66

Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was SO happy to find this hotel to stay out just outside Indianapolis...The room was wonderful (everything is very new, chic, clean, and in wonderful working condition)...The pool was wonderful, as was the spa. I was very pleased with the IPOD port on the alarm clock as it gave me a chance to recharge without having to get out my computer/cords, etc...

I did wake up pretty early to doors banging shut....I don't know if housekeeping was letting them slam as they cleaned rooms or what but seeing as I hadn't checked in until 2 am...I wasn't overly excited about the noise.

The young lady who checked me in was confused...I had called to let them know I'd be a late arrival and she couldn't find my reservation...I had my confirmation letter in hand...Thankfully she figured it out but it was a little frustrating because I had called ahead to avoid such confusion...And I was exhausted and a little short on patience.

The young man working the next day was very helpful and friendly. I did cut ankle shaving and there weren't any band-aids available for purchase or at the front desk...A little disconcerting...I feel hotels should always have a first aid kit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The hotel was great. The gentleman working the desk when we checked in was very nice. He quickly got us checked in and in a fantastic room. I was traveling with my husband and a friend and all of us were blown away by how wonderful the rooms were. It is a newer hotel so the room was really clean and very nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and had great linens. The bathroom was extremely clean and our room also had a mini-fridge and microwave in it. The only downside was that the next morning the breakfast was a little lacking. We got down there 2 hrs before breakfast was to end and they were almost out of stuff and it took a long time to get new items out. When they did get it out though, it was tasty. We will definately be staying there on our way back home.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We try to prepaid upon check in wouldn;t let us, upon checking out didn;t know how to use gift cards so paid balance owe in cash told send email never gotone checked they had charged my bank card for another night they didn't check us out so have been dealing with that. The rooms were great only problem our door would stick had to fight toget it open fire safety . the pool was really cold asked if turn up said that she turned it to 80 no way was still cold sunday morning and un happy that said had bar lounge but was never open also didn't care that the guy taking care of breakfast bar was also mopping hall ways and taking trash out the bar was out of items at 8:30am and had to aske for napkins etc,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have been disappointed the past couple stays. When it first opened, it was a great place to stay, with friendly and caring staff, but it now seems to be trying to cut costs above all else. The biggest positive is that the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are nicely decorated. The negatives are that the staff are poorly trained and (twice) have had to call a manager to find out how to check me in or out. Also, the breakfasts have gotten worse. On the last two stays, they seemed to have run out of most of the food by 8 am. I had to ask for simple things, like napkins and coffee cups, and they had no orange juice on either occasion. It is a good thing that McDonald's is close by!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Booked two rooms three weeks ahead of time for birthday party. Explained to the reservationist 4 times that I had to have adjoining rooms and please make sure the reservation had adjoining rooms. Talked to a different front desk person a separate time and told them once again to please make sure the reservation was for adjoining rooms. Was assured all 5 times that the reservation listed that adjoining rooms were a must and it was all taken care of. Arrived on check-in date to find that the reservation wasn't put in correctly and no adjoining rooms were available in the whole hotel. Had a van load of disappointed 10 yr olds and a ruined birthday party due to the lack of correct reservations. Had already been charged for one room so had to wait while the desk staff tried to figure out how to reimburse my money. Was told the money wouldn't be credited back to card until the next day. Staff apologized for the reservation being wrong but never offered any kind of help, compensation or idea for how to resolve the bigger problem of a whole van full of people waiting to stay at the hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank traveller496
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The very first time I stayed in the BW Atrea was by myself, It was the grand opening so everything was not finished. I was sooo impressed I took my husband to the BW Atrea for a mini vaction, this was about 6 months after my first stay. The bar area that they advertised was open, but they said nobody was working was able to serve, and the breakfast was no better than the first time I stayed, but I wrote it off as to they were still trying to get everyting organized. Approx. 3 months later we went back and no bar service the breakfast tasted horrible, and the staff was rude!!!! The only good things I can say about this place is that it is pretty, and the stuff is new (for now) the pool and spa are nice, but the last time we stayed dirt was at the bottom of the spa. This place is only good for a one nite stay. Pleas take it from me, a customer that has stayed more than one nite in a row. I just kept thinking it would get better, but it never did. It is a shame because it is a beautiful, small hotel. I would rate it 2 stars out of 5. :(

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple